Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just looking around for new add-ons for next season and I have been studiying alot of engineering reports on the "Tempa Flow" and how it operates. I am very interested but would like to know from the trusted people at SW of REAL stories PROS and CONS of this system.
I am most facinated by the fact of not changing jets. I run a 98 xcr 600 that is set-up perfectly for -10F. But These winters have force me to bring a complete set of jets for week long vacations just because the weather has been to unpredictable.
Ridding a sled that is not at peek performance all the time bugs me the whole ride and I get pissed off. I need a system that can keep the combustion at perfect levels for all weather conditions. Sorry, I'm just that type of person that likes peek power.

So please, let me know some real feedback on Temps flow.

I was thinking of installing it in the airbox, is this the best place for keeping the system balance with actual motor air intake temp?

P.S. I have also studied the Vari Flow and dial a jet system but don't like some of the characteristics.

Thanks

·
Registered
203 Posts
Currently I am running Tempa Flow in a 00 T-Cat MC.
This past season I put on about 650 miles on with it.
Good system, you stated you wanted a system that runs perfect, I'm not sure if mine worked that way, but I was one step rich in my jetting.
It did however do what is was designed to do, I put in a set of reed valves and did not get the hose routed properly and it got caught in my clutch and ripped the hose that runs from my carb to the Tempa Flow, the system went rich and I was able to ride back with no problem other then a loss of power.
Next year I am pulling my air box and running Kick #@@ air filters and I am debating as to wether I am going to leave the Tempa Flow on since changing the jets will be an ease with the air box gone. My opinion of the product is that it is well worth the money.
Stay as far away from the dial-a-jets as possible IMO!!!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I am optimistic about trying this item. The aggressive chassis triple/triple XCR's were set from the factory with a -20F set-up (and the only temp the sled really works good at).It is very dificult to find the right jet combo for +20F. And these #### sleds only work when jet properly. Always needs to be rich in the bottom. If you lean out the bottom area, you loose throttle responce at mid-range. It's a love/hate relationship.
I am excited to return the sled to OEM specs and try some runs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts