Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have seen all the instructions etc. and the fuel flow numbers with temp changes. But from -30 to say 0 how many jet sizes is this thing going down. From 420 to like a 390 or what. ???

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone ???

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
The tempra flows adjust for about 25% of fuel flow. It adjusts for temp, and you get the carbs for about -20 deg and it will lean out for anything warmer than that.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand that but how many sizes does it lean out in a 10 degree temp change.

·
Registered
374 Posts
It doesn't go from one size to another. Its a smooth transition. You set your main jetting at -20F and the regulator works up to +40. check the holtzman site. They work great!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm sort of curious how it adjusts\compensates for movements of the E-Clip up or down the needle. Example: Here is the jetting for my Prox

-30F and below 360/350 clip position 4
-30 to -10F 340/330 clip position 3
-10 to 10F 330/320 clip position 3
10 to 30F 320/310 clip postion 3
30 to 50 310/300 clip position 2

So for setup with Tempaflow I would jet to 340/330 Clip 3 correct? So what happens when riding temp is 32-35ish. Does it not matter about the E-clip position? I really appreciate the help.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I just picked up the Holtman line, and have been using the vari flow on my race sled.

How the tempra flow works is you jet for the coldest temp you will ever encounter. The tempraflow uses crankcase vacume to adjust the pressure over the fuel in the float boal. When it gest warmer and warmer, the air over the fuel is in more and more vacume, decreasing the amount of fuel pushed thru the jets.

It is hard to say how much "jet" change there is in a certain temp change. It will vary application to application. It uses the changes in the air to your advantage, not against ya.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know this but is this thing going to lean the engine out enough when it warms up on the nice days or will rejeting be more precise.
But I guess you can turn the screw if you find it still to rich when it warms up or not?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I know this but is this thing going to lean the engine out enough when it warms up on the nice days

well i can say this i jetted -30c and it still ran fine at +5c

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Xc Special@Nov 21 2002, 05:16 AM
I know this but is this thing going to lean the engine out enough when it warms up on the nice days

well i can say this i jetted -30c and it still ran fine at +5c
Every one says they run better when it warms up but does this thing keep it jetted to the full performance (spot on jetting at every temp). Or is it just close. Is your piston wash plug readings still perfect at +5 compared to -30 which the engine is jetted for?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts