Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the chance to test the new sport 800 REV with my brother (AC) on tuseday. I wasn't sure about what to buy for next year, but after trying the new REV, I made my mind, and that is what I'm buying. Got a top speed of 117 mph on a lake. At about 105 mph, the sled comes unstable, the front seems too light and tends to leave the ground but thats ok because it's not realy a lake runer anyway. In the trails, I was going as fast as I could in curves or bumps, and the skies would never leave the ground, I never had to lean in the turns beacause the sled sticks to the ground. This is the best cross contry sled ever built. it's realy difficult to say how it feels, you realy have to try it to believe it.

I will post some pics some time next week.

·
Registered
151 Posts
That sounds really great.  I will somehow get one or ride someones.  My dad and brother are both getting one so i think ill just steel one of theres.
  I heard there really good for a bad back.

·
Registered
858 Posts
No, it's really really really good  

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
The REV was at my dealer and I didn't know it.Now that I have a chance to ride it, all the snow melted.??? My buddy rode it and said it was unbeleivable.He is trading in his 99 Grand Touring 700.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Test drove a 800rev today and it is unlike any snowmobile I have been on.To be honest it scared me with its unpredictably,on the straights it was very good but in the corners it was a handful.This is a sled that you must relearn how to ride and unlike previous doo's where they would make a poor rider look good,the rev is unforgiving.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
valley runner,
 unforgiving you say, that means i should buy another chainsaw to mount on the front of the sled.

·
Registered
100 Posts
When i rode the rev last thursday , one thing that stood out for me was the way the precision ski handled.so my thinking is that it would cost $400-$500 to update my 2001 ski's so i might as well just buy the rev 800.Even though the wife gave me a dirty look when i mentioned it ihave all summer to be a good boy and kiss the old ladys ###.I'll have that rev parked in the garage at the end of october, i guarantee it!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Why didn't Ski-doo put the 800ho motor in the rev not just the Summit,from what the brochure and web site say.Also like highmiler asked anyone know the Canadian pricing?

·
Registered
100 Posts
They kind of like to just keep dangling the carrot in front of us,never giving us the whole thing at once but just enough to keep us donkey's opening our wallets.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I agree with headgasket 100% They had the handlebar controls for heated grips etc on the GT a few years ago, but nothing ever came of it. They put the "rack" steering on one of the S chassis sled on one year but the rest had the old style. Now you can RER on the performance sleds but at first they said it wouldn't work. We could probably go on about other items too.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
IMO Ski-Doo is still on top of everyone else technology wise so, to me, it doesn't matter if they are dangling a carrot above our heads!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I rode the Mxz 800 REV last week what a nice ride.  I'm thinking of ordering a 600 ho in the sport package.  I can get it for 10,000 CDN with tax

·
Registered
524 Posts
Ski doo isnt using the HO in the mxz's because its a 13.5:1 high altitude motor, with that kind of compression the motor wouldnt live long on pump gas at low elevations. Ski doo really needs to clarify that for the vast majority of sledders who dont realize the effects of altitude on the compression and fuel needs of a 2 cycle engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I rode a REV yesterday 17 miles through rough and winding trails. This sled is awesome , it took the bumps with no problems and the turns like an indy car. Hope the wife doesn't notice the new sled in the garage next fall.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts