Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
i have heard a lot of good things about G-tech pro's      i have yet to try one, but a lot of people at the race's swear by em

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have heard some good old boys use the beer bottle test. Take a full bottle of beer opened, place between your legs.
run a quarter mile, if all the beer is gone you have a fast sled.
If not drink whatever is left and repeat test untill you feel you are fast enough!!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
We are developing a wireless timing system that is accurate, wireless and easy to set up.  You can have it ready as fast as you can measure the distance because there is only 1 'stake' at each line, instead of aligning pairs of photo eyes.  It is capable of split times, also - such as 60'.  The price should be less than $200.
They should be available before the water freezes.

·
Registered
101 Posts
what company is designing this Aerotax?      i would really like to get a hold of one of those timing systems,    a lot of the times now i am looking for less than a tenth of a second now so testing against other sleds is not accurate enough and its too hard on engines     so when you get all the bugs worked out and its ready make sure you send me an e-mail

and as for the where to get the G-tech pro, i am not too sure, i saw a few commercails for it on the Speed Channel.    just look for it on one of the search engines

·
Registered
86 Posts
1000imp, what is you e-mail address?  Mine is [email protected]
A friend of mine and I are building it - electrical/software engineers.  It will be very accurate with the highest quality.  I can say this because we are not designing this to sell to everyone and make money.  We are designing it for me!  I want an acurate, inexpensive, wireless and easy to set up portable timing system.  No one out there combines all these - especially the inexpensive part.  Even if no one else out there wants one, I am building some for me, my dad, my brother, and friend.

On most systems, the "stakes" or "tripods" (or whatever are at the start/60/finish lines) are expensive, so if someone were to hit them you are out alot of cash.  Our design uses less expensive stakes.  Also, there are no wires for someone to run over.

I am thinking about having a speed trap feature on it.  It would require a 4th "line" -- start, 60', finish minus 10', finish -- but who cares 'cause they are cheap.  Basically it would do the math for you, converting how many seconds it took you to go the last 10 feet into miles per hour.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AeRotax @ Sep. 18, 2002, 3:06pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1000imp, what is you e-mail address?  Mine is [email protected]
A friend of mine and I are building it - electrical/software engineers.  It will be very accurate with the highest quality.  I can say this because we are not designing this to sell to everyone and make money.  We are designing it for me!  I want an acurate, inexpensive, wireless and easy to set up portable timing system.  No one out there combines all these - especially the inexpensive part.  Even if no one else out there wants one, I am building some for me, my dad, my brother, and friend.

On most systems, the "stakes" or "tripods" (or whatever are at the start/60/finish lines) are expensive, so if someone were to hit them you are out alot of cash.  Our design uses less expensive stakes.  Also, there are no wires for someone to run over.

I am thinking about having a speed trap feature on it.  It would require a 4th "line" -- start, 60', finish minus 10', finish -- but who cares 'cause they are cheap.  Basically it would do the math for you, converting how many seconds it took you to go the last 10 feet into miles per hour.[/b][/quote]
We need one also.

·
Registered
86 Posts
hauler, RR,
I am keeping a list of anyone who is interested.  I will also post when they are ready.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well it looks like we will have no timers ready to sell by Halloween. We have decided to use a different chip that is higher quality, so that is going to take a little more time.
Also, my partner has had a family crisis that has left him unable to work on the unit last week and won't be able to this week either. This has put him behind on all of his projects - a voice activated universal remote, breathalizer, etc. - and to be honest the timer isn't at the top of the to-do list since snow won't fly for awhile yet.
They ARE coming though. I will keep you posted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts