Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D I MUST I'M IMPRESSED WITH SKI-DOO AFTER 15 YEARS ON POLARIS SLEDS WHICH I MUST SAY I STILL LOVE EM .LAST WINTER I BOUGHT A 99 MX-Z 600 WITH AROUND 2500 ORIGINAL KM ON IT.AFTER I BOUGHT IT IT HAD MOTOR TROUBLE AND THE MOTOR HAD TO BE COMPLETELY REBUILT,PROBLEM INSIDE CRANK SEALS.I E-MAILED DO TO ASK ABOUT THE PROBLEM THIS YEAR TO SEE IF IT WAS A PROBLEM THEY HAD OR WHAT THE DEAL WAS.TO MY SUPRISE THEY NOT ONLY E-MAILED ME THEY PHONED ME!!!WOW I WAS FLOORED THAT THEY TOOK THE TIME TO WORRY ABOUT ONE LITTLE CUSTOMER AND TO ACTUALLY PHONE ME DIRECT AND EXPLAIN THE PROBLEM AND WHAT MAY HAVE HAPPENED.THEY EVEN RAN THE SER#TO SEE IF ANY OTHER WORK HAD BEEN PERFORMED UNDER WARRANTY BY THE OTHER OWNER.I AM JUST AMAZED AND HAPPY THAT THEY TOOK TIME TO CALL ME AND HELP ME,HATS OFF TO SKI-DOO,I KNOW DOO IS GETTING MY BUSINESS NEXT YEAR WHEN I BUY A NEW SLED ANYONE THAT SHOWS THAT KIND OF COMMITEMENT TO ITS OWNERS AND SLEDS IS TERRIFIC.THANKS SKI-DOO :inlove:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Yeah, they took care of me last year when I had crank troubles on my 00 mxz 700 that had 6000 miles on it. They paid for half the cost of parts to rebuild the entire engine-crank,pistons,rings,seals,etc.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Steimy, what did you find with your crank on the 00 700? I just put a crank in my 00 700. I found the two mag side bearings burnt and seized solid also the indide PTO bearing was raspy. The rebuilt crank came with a bigger fly wheel and I was just wondering if you had heard if there was a known deffect with the bearings and if the new ones were any differant? Or if there was vibration issues that will be resolved with the bigger fly wheel?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I too have switched from polaris to ski doo and have had no problems with the service at all, i was just out of warrenty last year when i lost my engine, and they still replaced it with a brand new one for me. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice to see someone is getting some help...ive been dealing with ski- doo for 2 months trying to get the problems on my renegade fixed and have gotten nothig but the run around......dealers say its a mpem dpm problem ski doo needs to fix and ski doo is trying to tell me they dont know of a problem.........hmmm ive contacted dealers from 5 states and have heard the same thing from all of them......now the service rep from Doo gives me the wonderful idea to try a new clutch spring :cussing: just so you all know and maybe have some input as t o what to do....our 700 renegades are running like :cussing: they back fire and are getting about 50 miles to a tank of fuel...they are way way way fat........anyone know why ski doo wont reprogram them to the same calibration as the 700 in the summits? They are running fine...........Thanks

·
Registered
387 Posts
I am new to SD this year... and I am glad to hear the most of you are getting satisfaction... but how come so many major problems??...

If I had my choice I would rather have a crappy OEM to deal with but have a machine that does not break, hence I won't need to deal with them...

I do agree however, if your machine gives out it sounds like Bombi will come to the rescue... (at least for most)

·
Registered
524 Posts
All the failures? All the brands have failures, In the scope of things considering the number of sleds sold the percentage is very low. The postings here are of people who had problems, but how many do you think are out there that didnt. Im on my 6th ski doo and never had one major problem, in fact any problems I have had were merely nusance and were covered under warranty without question, for example '00 mxz700 pipe shield crack, '01 mxz800 pipe shield crack..lol Lets see how theyve done on the rev pipe.

·
Registered
372 Posts
for the one person thats getting the run around from the dealer just email bombardiers customer service dept they will help you with any questions or problem also will set you up with a dealer that will help or listen to your problems....this is my 4 ski doo product and they always come to the table ...

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Yup. Bombardier really cares about there customers. If your dealer give you the run around just email bombardier thru there website or call them.

I have seen them replace stuff out of warrenty, Authorise repair for damage caused by the operator, and so on.

They really go out of there way.

However I have never needed anything from them yet. 5 sleds bought from bombi and 0 problems.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Bombi is number one in my book. I e-mailed them with a question about a rev seat cover and instead of e-mailing me back they followed up with a phone call.

:D

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have mixed feelings about bombi. I emailed them once about a primary clutch question that I had and they emailed me back the next day. A couple of days later, I sent them another email regarding a different question, they still have not got back to me. I have now sent them four emails wondering why they have not got back to me, no responce.

What happended to the caring people at bombi?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts