Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am a bit disapointed about the season.  But im not complaining.  By trailering i have managed to get atleast 2000km (about 1500km of quality trail riding.) this year.  All of the millage was done by trailering up to places i dont normally ride from.  But whats sad is that I didnt get to go around my main place of driving.  The lake didnt even freeze up and the trails didnt hold the snow and never got a base.  There was one weekend that there was enough snow but i couldnt make it.  

Yesturday i went into my garage.  I just brough back all my sleds and was about to summerize them and put them to sleep.  Seriously I had the Mach running and I was going to spray the storage oil down the airbox when i though is it really over.  

Well its not.  Just like the other smart people on this sight i am going to Timmins.  I heard the snow is awsome there and the weather forcast is nothing but snow.  So in 1 week i will go for 4 days.  

This countrys weird weather has finnally gotten me to do somthing i though was insane. Driving 8 - 10 hours north for a little more then a weekend of driving.  

Once again.  It just shows how much we really love this sport.  I trully belive that if the greenies want to stop snowmobiling it will be the hardest fight any enviromentalist group ever had.  It will be a fight they will never win.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
zzzz1,1300 miles on the Suburban and 1000 on the sled.

I don't fog em down until the middle of April.Whats the rush,ya never know what Mother nature will throw your way.

I'll put on my boxing gloves if I have to.Nobody will take my sport away,nobody.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey Mach I know how you feel. Normally we can ride for 3 months around here but this year I have only ridden about 400 km around home. If you are heading north I'd like to make a suggestion to you. Rather than driving to Timmins you should stop in New Liskard. We have been there twice this year and the riding is awsome. When we were there last weekend the got 2 feet of snow on top of the 4 feet they already had. We stayed at the Quality Inn and had an excellent time. Signage is good and trails were awsome. I tried to post some pictures but I can't figure it out. If you want some proof Just send me an email and I'll send them to you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
skidoo4me, we just got another foot of snow yesterday, that makes it a good six feet with a trail base of 52 inches.
LIfe is Good!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Yeah I'm heading to North Bay for a few days first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I've been riding since the end of December where I ride and i'm heading up tommorrow for the week.I've riden on some pretty rough trails this year but at least I was riding.Sliders and carbides are cheap.I go most of the year waiting for snow.When I'm not thinking about it I'm talking about it.I'm not ready to give winter up yet.Get on the throttle!YAAAHHHOOO LET'S GO SLEDDIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts