Snowmobile World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well boys WHAT DO U KNOW!!! another skidoo problem. ive had it w/ them now, i will NEVER own another skioo again. the motor still isnt fixed, and what else broke 2nite??? THE GEAR BOX!! what a suprise, its just such a joy going out and dealing w/ that hunk of junk. im sellin it for $4,000 if anyone wants it. its got: SLP single pipe, goodwin clutch kit, vforce 2 reeds, 1.25" track, 23/43 gearing. 800 miles. im in southern maine if anyone wants it. I WILL NEVER RIDE THAT OR ANY OTHER SKI-DOO PRODUCT EVER AGAIN. there has been NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS w/ that thing.

EDIT: Look at that...you said the same thing without swearing. Rocketman

Last edited by Rocketman at Oct 20 2002, 06:55 PM

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
What do you expect when you trailor it un-covered on an open place then park it under the willow tree with the hood up all summer! :hallo5:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well number 1, its been in the garage all summer (westport marine, and my garage), and i guess to hell the hood has been up. and what do i expect?? well for $6000 i expect A HELL OF A LOT MORE THEN WHAT I GOT!!!!! i havent had one day of riding last year that i didnt have a problem w/ it. im pissed, my friends 99 xc 500 hasnt had ONE problem. and ski-doo is not doing a thing about it. ####ing motor is still messed up, those needles didnt even help it. RAVE valves have problems as well. not to mention the ####in brake. i think ill be switching back over to polaris.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Everybody makes a lemmon once and a while, I guess it was your turn :cussing:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sledcrazy!! Seems to me like you have a lemon or let someone work on your sled that doesn't know what there doing. 1question for you, why did you bring it there?? ??? . Have you tried another dealer? Did you buy it used or new?. I can tell you SKI DOO doesn't suck, every brand has it's problems. If your thinking of buying Polaris you might want to second guess that. I saw more polaris with problems last year, know a few peeps that own them ( junk) IMO. However SKI DOO,CAT and Yamaha has ALL come out with nicenew sleds.

What are they saying is wrong with your sled?? I know a guy in Maine he is on another board and KNOWS HIS STUFF, he is the best I have ever seen, he races ski doo's. have you ever been to that other site, Join the board, Private message me and I will give you his # or PM here and I will let you know who he is. Very nice, honest and KNOWS ALL SLEDS LIKE THe BACK OF HIS HAND. Words can;t explain how good this guy is :D

Last edited by jwheeler at Oct 20 2002, 07:23 PM

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
That stinks. Even though I'm not a Doo fan, their sleds are generally very reliable.
I don't know about Ski-Doo but once I contacted Arctic Cat (it took numerous letters and polite calls while working with a decent dealer)about the ongoing problems I was having with mine last season, they worked with my dealer and dealt with each and every issue to my complete satisfaction. Before getting even more pi$$ed and loosing a ton of dough, maybe try contacting Ski Doo directly. You got nothing to loose and everything to gain.
Good Luck
Rick

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
let's hear some detail here,
1. what year is it ?
2. model ?
3. how long have you had it ?
4. has anyone else here had those troubles ?
5. yadda yadda.

tell us we might be able to help.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry for blowing up, but i HATE when things break!! its a 2001 mxz 600 standard. ive had troubles since i owned it, it was bone stock, ive done some mods to it. there was a bulletin on the needles for fuel consumption, but i got that update done, and it still runs like sh!t. it just seems like everything i touch breaks. i touch something on my sled it breaks, my truck is in the shop... AGAIN, and i didnt even touch it, because i dont know a lot about trucks.

·
Registered
959 Posts
its alright man we all have had a bad apple call skidoo or your dealer and say something if they really care about their customers they will help you out if not theres always another brand thats lookin for customers

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well all you guys that say that there is always one bad apple out there.... WELL I HAVE IT!! i have that ONE bad apple of EVERYTHING i buy. my sled, my truck, my boat, my fishing equipment breaks, EVERYTHING I HAVE sucks, i mean it can be brand new, and something will happen to it.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
whats wrong with the gear box?YOU had taken it apart to change the track,and YOU put it back together

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya well, i had it back apart, only to find out that it leaked for some reason, so i found out the problem... I THINK, so i was putting it back together, and one of the bolts heads snapped off, lodged in the hole. so i got that one out, went to the hardware store and got some new stainless bolts, and i was tightening one, and it stripped the damn hole in another spot.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
you have to be very carefull when tightening the cover on,very easy to strip the threads,lol ive done it before,its only a cover ..no pressure in there so it doesnt have to be torqued down :p

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well why does it leak out of there then???

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
leak where?what spot on the chaincase is leaking

·
Registered
14 Posts
as far as leaking make sure the seal is in good shape and make sure it got put in right before you tighten it down or else it will pinch it. And as far as the stripping of the bolt it happens alot ,aluminum is soft and all you have to do is put a nut on the back side where your bolt comes through at and snug it up

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
hey buddy how r u......lol. dont give up so quickly. thats may be the source of your misfortune.....lol. now as for the chain case or chain. u could expect to snap a chain from time to time. did u look at it and if so what did u find?. as far as the leak it could be on the inside seal. who changed your track? if u did it u may have fubared that....lol. thats easy to fix thats just petty ####...now what is wrong with the engine.? u say u have installed v force. now did u do the install? and what settint is your reeds at? and are all the screws still in it? they are famous for that then breaking off reed pedals the it will run like ####...lol very rich.the bolts on the case there all the same they all use aluminum cases. let us know everything thats wrong and im shure we could help u. :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
First I would find someone that knows what the hell he is doing. It sounds like you dont. Good Luck with Polaris :hallo7:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.