Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many a days of modifying and wrenching on my now 4 chassis old sled I have decided to move into the 21st century and got a rev. The decision was close between this and an 05 Switchback but this one was 5 miles away and serviced by a dealer I trust.

Picked it up today with snofrog and could not be happier. It is going to be rough getting used to the rev chassis but it will happen. gonna misss the little ditchbnger but it was time. Please note in the 3rd pic there is snow upper left (april 15 in NW ohio), we got an inch the night b4, mother nature telling me that it was the right choice :thumbsup:

My soon to be modded the heck out of 05 Renegade 800.....

·
Registered
211 Posts
Nice Upgrade labudda, gotta love those Gade's :D Congrats

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
WOW Matt.
Congrats. Didn't think you'd ever give up the S chassis. lol
Did it come with a turkey baster?

Looks awesome.
Although I'm a newby Gade owner, let me be the first to welcome you to the
Gade Owners Group. AKA, G.O.G.
or should that be Gade Owners Division? G.O.D.

You too will have to endure the long hot summer with the rest of us.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Nice job Matt :thumbsup: , how many miles?

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
OH OH OH Matt !! Congratulations ! I have been waiting for this day for a long long time. As you know, I too went from the S-chassi to the REV. ( skipped over the zx completely) Your going to love the REV Matt. A long day/ride on your new sled and your going to Love it !

I would imagine you have many many plans for mod's/upgrades for your REV and your going to have fun with that too. :thumbsup:

I'm really really excited for you, and can't wait to have to have our two sleds side by side.
[attachment=35699:4_1_2007_06.jpg][attachment=35700:med_gall...1_337385.jpg] :thumbsup:

Snow4

Attachments

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Here are a few I snapped!!! I ran over to check it out right away! :thumbsup:

[attachment=35705:Skidoo_R...tour_054.jpg]

[attachment=35706:Skidoo_R...tour_055.jpg]

[attachment=35707:Skidoo_R...tour_056.jpg]

He almost could have ridden it to! But the POW didn't last!

[attachment=35708:Skidoo_R...tour_052.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Congrats Matt, you'll love it "when" we get some snow next season :thumbsup: . Lots of time to get her all spiffed up for the debut ride of 08. Just remember there's no excuses now you have a rev -a -gade, cant blame the ole s- chassi anymore lol.
..A few things to check to help you get her set up ....
Be sure to check the carb boots and y-pipe for cracks and loose bolts( 2 known causes for meltdown on these). Also add some pre-filter on the 4 holes on the backside of the airbox on the panel or your carbs will be full of belt dust. Speaking of belt dust ... pull your tool kit and box out of the foot well (tools fit in seat in trunk)and ether drill or remove the plastic gaurd on the clutch cover to help get the heat off the clutches ( I drilled a bunch of 1" holes in mine ).

:crazy: <.. I know your dooing this thinking of all the goodies at the dream store.. YES it's going to be a loong summer :bash: but all of your SWfamily here will be here to help you through it :cool: .

If I hear motor sounds coming from the south ..I'll know it's just you out in the garage taking a ride down 452 :p , just swing by if im not out there too!. If we only counted all the miles we put on in or minds :blush: .

:thumbsup: welcome to the REV olution.

mutt

mmmmmmmm this looks sooo good right about now !!!
[attachment=35709:Our_Paradise.jpg]

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did it come with a turkey baster?

You too will have to endure the long hot summer with the rest of us.[/b]
Wish it had, Doo mineral is gotta go. The summer gives me time to think and modify, wouldn't have it any other way.

Nice job Matt :thumbsup: , how many miles?[/b]
Some reason Dave thinks 800 but it has 2700. The price was right, 1000 under NADA low.

Allison do you want to trade some red to yellow idler wheels? I am probably parting out the 500 and dont care if I sell it with red or yellow wheels

Thanks for all the hot tips guys, keep em coming

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Congrats Matt,

Don't worry, you can always dial in the suspension around the yard this summer.

·
Registered
465 Posts
very good job on the purchase of the Rev, and believe me, you will certainly love it!!!

great job,
Frank

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Congrats on the sled :thumbsup: , after a couple rides you'll wonder how you ever did without it!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Congradulations Budda!! You'll love it!! Now let the modding begin!!

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
nice :thumbsup: . I see my favorite dealer here in central In. has advertised a summit 800r for $7200, its in the auto rv.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Allison do you want to trade some red to yellow idler wheels? I am probably parting out the 500 and dont care if I sell it with red or yellow wheels

Hay matt the rears are bigger, in 04 doo went with 190mm in the rear vs's the 180's. The inners are the same though(165mm).

Where thinking of billets for the rear but would be intrested on the inners. How many reds(165mm) ? , all 6 ?. I have a few spare yellows I could trade up ,I even have some yellow rears that I cant use too( from the zx).

Hay!!! what about that riser you had on the formula?? :tongue: , snow4 needs a riser.

OK it's been home for a few days , what have you done to it. Any update pics lol, I know it's been in the top 5 thoughts 24/7 since you got it :wink:

mutt

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Congrats! Atleast you have yours to look at right now. Won't see my baby till atleast September. I don't know what's worse.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts