Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I am posting this out of anger more than anything!

Friday night around 11 I was heading to a friends place to prepare for the trip to Cochrane this weekend and things went a bit crazy!

I was going through an S bend and I saw headlights in my lane ahead. I swerved into the oncoming lane, but the other car came back into that lane at the same time.  I tried to head into the ditch on the far side of the road but the other car clipped my right front side and cause my jeep to roll onto the driver's side.

As you can see from the pic, I was hit pretty hard.

I have a few bumps and bruises and some cuts that needed stiches but all things considered I am fine.

The other car had 4 passengers, all drunk!

I don't think my jeep is going to make it to Cochrane in it's present condition.  I tried to get a pickup from the rental company but I ended up with a Ford Focus.  

I had plans to meet up with DanR in North Bay and we were to meet up with LadyK, Permafrost, etc. in Cochrane.

If anyone from Southern Ontario is heading up with a tow vehicle I have a 4 place trailer and with 2 sleds on it, I would be happy to pay for the fuel.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Man that sucks, some guys just dont have a clue.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Now if I could just get the time off

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Wow, now talk about bad luck! The good thing is that your OK!  Dont feel bad about the trip we can always make up for it next year ! Il see if i can find something on my side !

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Glad to hear you are alright. At least they will get pinched for impaired and here in ontario we have ZERO tolerance for impaired drivers.They WILL pay.I also have bad news about rental vehichles for you. the only way to get a rental with a hitch is uhaul and the fees are astronomical.#[email protected]%^%$#@[email protected]#$%$^%&* rotten drunk drivers throwing a wrench into our trip.Maybe Dan has a truck to pull the trailer.He can pick you up maybe?May a thousand cockroaches hatch in the drunk drivers house.Flood, fire, famine and plague be wished upon them.Was the drunk driver hurt?We will miss you if you cant make it, but if not we will hook up next season for sure. I was thinking of a big barbque up here at my place in the fall to celebrate the oncoming of snow and you are all invited.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Does the invite include Basic Bob?

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (revrnd @ Mar. 25, 2002, 12:35pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does the invite include Basic Bob?

[/b][/quote]
who is basic bob?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Don't ask
He's the resident Arctic Cat fan/troublemaker in the Racing Forum  
We've been giving him a hard time lately. All in fun

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
dpaige,
 all that died were a few plans and you are fine otherwise. where did this happen ? close to here ?

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the good wishes everyone,

LadyK, I will certainly make a point to attend your barbeque, thank you for the invitation.

Paul, this happened in Binbrook, just east of Hwy 56 on Binbrook Rd.

Sorry DanR, I was really looking forward to this trip!

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Hope you've calmed down after the brush. I feel fortunate that I was able to head up north after my accident. Rather than having my sled at home going over it before the trip, it was sitting at the dealer. Then the insurance co. called while I was at the dealer Thursday afternoon picking it up.

Unbelievably they wanted to know where they could see it to assess the damage. I left them a message saying that it had been fixed, the dealer was holding on to the parts if they wanted to see them and that I was heading for New Liskeard Friday afternoon.

Needless to say it was a busy Thursday night giving it the once over. Almost like the maintenance time at the old I-500  

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
WHAT LOSERS!  I hate drunks!  Glad to know that you're fine.  Hope those losers pay though!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
revrnd

You made me laugh about basic bob. LOL

At the barbeque he would probably tell us that his barbeque has won more cooking compititions then ours or that it can cook faster.  LOL.

As for the drunk driver, when he sobers up if hes half a desent person he will realize what he did or what he almost did and that would probably be worse then being killed.  They should all be jailed.  But the main thing is that your ok and will see a lot more snow in the years to come.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts