Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the choice has been made, After riding S-D for years I will be jumping ship & snow checking an F7 next week.
I was wondering what you long time die hard cat guys and gals think or have heard about this sled? Are the Hp#s and weight what we will see when they go into production? How is AC for warrenty work?
Where in southern Ontario would you guys recomend for buying and service?
Any info will help.
Thanks

·
Registered
372 Posts
Sorry off topic,,,1greenmachine,  is gills rock in  Door County??  If so you have any snow left up there??  I was up the a couple weekends ago..

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
chubby,
 the best place in north america for a cat will be KW honda in the kw area. {it might be kw cycle i forget} the owner rob davidson.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Nick, Gills Rock is in door county we're right on the tip of the peninsula. As for the snow there is none the trails have been closed for 2 weeks now. Tell me what town you were in so i can tell how close you were.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Chubby if you're going to buy in southern ont. check out Aberfoyle Snowmobiles.It's just south of Guelph on hwy 6.I've dealt with Glen for years and he's a good to deal with.

·
Registered
448 Posts
It's a bit of a drive for you 1 hr.  But Dryland Marine in Oak Ridges (Richmondhill) is an awesome Cat dealer!  No complaints & I will be dealing with them for many years to come.  
As for the HP of the F7, Cat always seems to claim the true HP, or sometimes they claim lower than the actual ratings!  If they say it's 138 hp, it will be atleast 138 hp, by Fall.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Oh man.. All i gotta say is they look sweeeetttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want one.. But I realy don't wanna give up my 00 ZR LE just yet.. especial when i gotta buy my dad a sled this summer.. hum... I wouldn't mind giving him mine, but it's to much on the low end for his taste..  Maybe next year. I was hopen they would offer the 500 in efi.. :-/

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I couldn't wait till next year, bought a ZR800efi cc. I sure hope I don't have the problems with the shocks I'm hearing about. What do you think about gearing and clutching for this sled???

·
Registered
416 Posts
You should have waited. The firecats are gonna be awesome. I to bought a ZR 800 efi C/C but will be gettin rid of it for a new fire kitty 700. I think they are gonna fly or at least I hope they do. Don't get me wrong, I love my 800, it is the favorite machine that I have owned but lighter is better, in my opinion.

·
Registered
32 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (goose @ Feb. 20, 2002, 10:14pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what is list on a f7?   hmmmm![/b][/quote]
base is 7899

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I remember talking with Al Shimpa of Cat and the ZRT600 from Cat was supposed to be 135-140 horse with the Power valves, and even he was pissed off at how production models put out less than 125, and were slower than the 6's without Power Valves. That was only 3 years ago. I hope Cat is not pulling our leg on 500 and 700's. Kick butt if power is all there!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Could someone post a pic of the F7 For me?  Thanks!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
$8299.00 American...Ouch
Buy in Canada there approx $9900.00 for the sno-pro F7.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Actually it is $10,599 for the F7 sno pro option list price. Ouch
 Canadian funds

1 - 20 of 24 Posts