Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the Big East Show Show this past weekend and I ran across a flyer at the Polaris Factory booth that was quite distressing. It was a three folded flyer titled "Report: The Facts on the 2003 Snowmobiles, A competitive Comparison" Printed BY POLARIS. The entire inside of the flyer was nothing but short quotes taken from magazines, completely out of context, stating the dislikes of every other manufacturer. ie. "Our experience indicates the F7 will not corner flat like the 2002 ZR or the 2003 ZR 800/900" Supertrax. What they failed to mention is that supertrax also claims the ZR to be the best corning sled made. I think that it is a VERY sad statement that Polaris has to bad mouth the competition in order to sell sleds. SHOW US BY OUT-PREFORMING THE COMPETITION, NOT TRASH TALKING! This flyer shows me how desperate Polaris is to sell sleds, when they have to resort to this. They should know that this approach does NOT sell sleds. :hallo3:

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Every Manufactor prepairs a book full of statments that sales people can use if a customer comes in and starts asking questions about an other sled.

How relaible those statments are is unknown.

However Polaris for some reason just sat back and did nothing. IMO thats bad planning becasue with YAMAHA, SKIDOO, and ARCTIC CAT comming out with new machines many people will jump on a new sled this year leaving polaris to miss out and have lower sales next year.

Polaris still makes a good sled, but its not new and hyped like the others so it wont sell. If i were the president of Polaris I would fire the people responsible for sitting on there ### and doing nothing.

·
Registered
310 Posts
well theres always those people that will say "i want to stick w/ whats proven" but then, if polaris comes out with some new trick kick *** sled next year, then it will need ANOTHER year to prove it self. and if people DO buy a polaris this year and wait till 04's come out to see how good they really are, then ppl will go w/ other brands that have the best sleds out AND are proven. bad move. although the pro x is a nice sled.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Last Feb. I brought 7 people to the snocross at the fargodome,all of us are Polaris riders,and because of the poor season we were having,we all were looking forward to the whole experience,we saw the rx1,the rev, the firecats,and even the new m16 on the Blade,but not one Polaris :( ,nothing from the factory,no dealers(of which there were 4 within 50 mi.) not even a clothing and accessory booth,nothing.This pitiful response by Polaris was definitely a major screw up,it seems to me that the powers that be at Polaris couldnt give a wit about the customer ,or our feelings about OUR product,thats right OUR product, ya see they just "make" em,we on the other hand buy and ride em!IMHO I've found that brand loyalty in most products extends only as far as the pocket book,but not when it comes to snomobiling,no siree,some of the wildest emotions I've seen are a result of two owners of competing sled manufacturers products "discussing" the merits of their respective brands :devil: ,needless to say,it can become quite heated,but thats not hard to understand,when the manufacturers themselves use the field of competition to promote their products,not only do the inovations trickle down to the consumer,so does the fire! :sly: Now apparently I'm not the only one that was jonesen for my sno fix last Feb,there were thousands of other people at the Fargodome who felt the same way,and I'm sure many were Polaris people,now I cant speak for all of the poo people that were there ,but I know 8 of us who were P**** off! :angry:, so it does'nt suprise me that Polaris is using these kinds of tactics to sell sleds,they dont seem to put any faith in the intelligence of the sled owner,look at the way they treat the dealers,sometimes I think the only reason these guys(dealers) stick with Polaris is cause they ride too ??? .Wake up Polaris!We're out here,and we want more effort on your part,the thing is,people will put up with so much,then change brands,good luck gettin us to come back :hallo5: ., SWRules

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks UncleBuck, I (and many of my friends agree) that Polaris is starting to grasp at straws to either retain their customers or gain new ones. You and your friends are a good example as to why Polaris has to get the ball rolling on some new tech.(at least "A" arms). I think polaris still makes a good sled but now they are falling behind.
P.S. Their Sno-pro (as seen on Maximumsled.com) is not much to talk about either.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I agree,the new Prox looks cobbled together in an attempt to copy the rev,pretty pathetic :( I bought my son a 02 600 prox and he thinks its downright ugly,I know the people ( I.E.Mn. Vikings)and products (polaris)we admire and use dont always live up to our expectations,but Polaris barely gives an effort,sort of "take it or leave it",I dont sweat it when the effort is 100%.but when they dont even try,and then bash the competition,gimmie a break! that seat looks like it came off one of their watercraft :p ,hope they get the message. SWRules

·
Registered
468 Posts
:devil: i was at a snowmobile show on the week end after looking at all the brands i believe the ski-doo zx chassis and the polaris edge chassis are the best looking sleds out there hands down.that rx-1 and firecat look like something a blind man built.nothing looks like it is supposed to be together.rough edge here smooth edge there it looks they just slapped the things together.no belly pans i'm not sure how you are supposed to work on them.every thing crambed in like a honda civic .the front suspension looks like an after thought just hanging off the front with no protection at all from trees or anything that could get in your way.and take it from my experiences every brand is pretty much the same .they all break down and have there problems.its all the dealer .none of the manufactures really give a crap about you and me.but your dealer should if not go some where else.i have ridden a lot of sleds and personally i have had great service from my polaris dealer so now thats what i ride.my sleds have always been great and if not the dealer did what ever he had to to make it great.i don't care if the cat or the rev is the new thing this year my polaris has always been great and my dealer treats me right so thats what i'm gonna ride.and if you think polaris is behind come for a ride with me and my buds cause we will keep up wit hthe new sleds or might even blow you away

Last edited by RNM2399 at Oct 24 2002, 02:19 PM

·
Registered
149 Posts
Why would someone compare the racer PROX to the REV. Just because they both have exposed tunnel out the back? They are nothing alike at all???

As far as the seat on the PROX goes I agree that it looks unfinished, maybe they should have molded the sides of the seat around the gas tank or something. But if you wanna talk watercraft seat, its the REV seat hands down.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I don't know about the midwest, but out in the mountains the Polaris are still the machines that everybody makes comparisons to. I'm not saying this out of brand loyalty (I just picked up an '03 Summit) but because it is the plain and simple fact.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I would say most sales are

1. Yamaha
2. Skidoo
3. Arctic Cat.
4. Polaris.

This year..

I saw a chart in some magazine. It had yamaha clearly out in front. But I heard that there are a lot of cancelations thanks to insurance costs.

·
Registered
468 Posts
the rev looks like it was modeled after a watercraft .i was a show on the weekend and there was a watercraft sitting by the new sleds they look amzingly similar.especially the seat.i like the rev .about the only thing stopping me from looking at one is that stupid close of panel at the rear i just hate it,the rest i think i'm starting to get used to

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Polaris sells the most sleds, in recent history. Perhaps this is why they are sitting on their haunches--they're comfortable with their situation. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? Well, I'm sure things will change and Polaris will begin to fall, and they'll regret not moving forward when everybody else was.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Originally posted by todatop@Oct 23 2002, 01:15 AM
of the big four,who sold the most sleds this year?
Polaris
As for the seat on the 440 racer it is made like that for snow cross higher you can get from standing to sitting much quicker. If you tought about it not trashing it you would under stand there Ideas, it is built for racer ergonomics not to look at the seat doesn't look any more out of place then the Revs or what? !!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I agree that polaris is falling way behind but they are working with FAST which is known for its contributions to the industry (the M-10). Not only that but sometimes letting everyone else do their thing first can be an advantage. They may be waiting til next year to deal their cards in an attempt to come out of nowhere. By letting us down and then coming out of nowhere with something just as spectacular as the firecat, RX-1, or the REV, can be a pretty effective techniquqe in getting peoples respect.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am currently dealing on a 2002 rmk my first polaris. That and a ski doo summit. Whomever can give the best deal. Anyway, I saw this flyer you are talking about and it really upset me. You are very right about the statements being taken out of context. Polaris appears to want to sell to idiots. I have rode nothing but Yamaha snowmobiles, dirtbikes and streetbikes for 14 yrs (I'm 31) and because of how they treat people after the sale and handle customer service, they will not receive another penny of mine. I really hope polaris isn't going down this same road. I really like the dealer, but if the company is hard to deal with it won't be worth my time.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by anteater@Oct 22 2002, 07:15 PM
.that rx-1 and firecat look like something a blind man built
come for a ride with me and my buds cause we will keep up wit hthe new sleds or might even blow you away
I guess opinions ARE like a**holes, everyone has one!!
ALL of the new sleds are some of the sharpest looking sleds ever made, w/ the exception of Polaris (because they have nothing new)
AND "blow you away" ??? OH WERE YOU TALKING HORSEPOWER?
OPPS, I ALMOST TOOK YOU UP ON THAT :p

·
Registered
468 Posts
hey snowfreak my point was even though my 2002 edge -x is "old and out dated"according to some i will guarantee it will keep up with all these wonderful new high tech sleds on the trail.horsepower has nothing to do with it.i also have a 2000 xc700sp and a 1999 mx-z 600 and last season these sleds where never left behind on the trail.even though they have"out dated trailing are suspensions."i rode with a guy last year with a brand new zr 600,he couldn't keep it on the trail,when he got off the trail into the deeper snow the sled sucked into the tree's.but you no what i feel it has more to do with the driver and sled set up than with the sled in general.not everyone needs a new sled to have fun and keep up.and my opinion on the firecat and rx-1 is exactly that my opinion,if you like those sleds great everyone has there own taste,have fun and enjoy them . :hallo2: not everyone likes every brand personally i prefer polaris and ski-doo,i don't have anything against my friends that ride cat and yam because that what they like and ride .i just glad they got sleds period no matter what brand :hallo9:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yo anteater, Now that sounds a little more sportsman like of you, I agree w/ you that alot of "keeping up" has to do w/ rider expirence. Personally I ride a 99' ZR600, ALL of the guys I ride with have Polaris.------- NOW-----there are only 2 guys I ride w/ that can keep up w/ me on the trail 1. 02' Polaris 700 and 2. a guy that rides a 500, and in all of the other sleds (4) there is nothing smaller than a XC 700 that are always left behind, I don't remember reading anything about the "outdated" sleds not being able to keep up, the topic was about Polaris salesman (bashing) stratagy to sell sleds, not "keeping up" I know alot of my friends were disappointed this year in Polaris.........enjoy the season and have fun. Ride em' fast Ride em' hard and leave em' slushy. rick

1 - 20 of 20 Posts