Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gyus!
I cant stop wondering about the F7 Firecat. 140 hp and a weight that low. Where have they been picking that weight. This is the way I look at it: If you are going to save some weigt, esepcially as much as at the F7, you have to make every component in less substance. Is´nt it a major risk that the low weight-powerful engine-situation is making the construktion wery weak? I belive that, at least, the first Firecats will need a great deal of spareparts. Whats your oppinion about this?  
Personly I think that the F7 have a nice design and it surely kicks ###. I´m not so sure about the quality thou.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i agree with you.they use the fuel tank as a major stuctural part of the sled.the streering column mounts to it and many other parts.ido also think that it has many good ideas built into it.anther thing that i saw that i hpoe is'nt in consumer models is the drivtrain problems that i saw at the race track. i'll bet that artic cat will have all the answers come next fall,along with lots of spare parts.

·
Registered
172 Posts
hopefully not too many probs, i just ordered one on monday.  with a little clutching work i am hoping this thing is going to take 700 stock(660' drags)      i am not worried about it holding up, it is only going to be making 660' runs anyway.

·
Registered
136 Posts
in the reports they said the F7 could keep up with all of the 800 and was the reason that Artic Cat wasn't making any

·
Registered
413 Posts
What are talking about sportx, they are making 800's in EFI only for next year.

·
Registered
442 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i agree with you.they use the fuel tank as a major stuctural part of the sled.the streering column mounts to it and many other parts.ido also think that it has many good ideas built into it.[/b][/quote]
i dont buy this whole steering column strength thing

i havn't heard of any of the racers having problems with breaking the mounts off the fuel tank

but rolling it over and breaking them is another story

has anyone heard of the racers having problems with the mounting of the steering column on the fuel tank?

·
Registered
136 Posts
are you sure jayjaysin?
i forget were i read it ,but i'm sure they said it purforms like an 800 so some are discontinude. like the thundercat!
they are making an 862cc though!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sportx, check the AC website.   The 800 is offered in EFI only, and the 900(862) is offered in carb model only.  And yes, the listed hp numbers between the F7 and the ZR 800 are the same.  800 should have more torque though.  It seems odd that they are doing that way this year, but I'm sure that things will change again next year, they just couldn't sort everything out this year.  They also didn't want to put all of their eggs into one basket either.

·
Registered
144 Posts
A buddy of  mine rode the Cats at the Rode Reports. He said he didn't know how correct the clutching was, but the F7 ran away from the 800ZR. It wouldn't run with the 900 but it definately was quicker than the 800. He's an ex SnoCross racer so I put a lot of faith in his opinions and appraisals.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well guys.. they better hold up.. The wife snow-checked one for me on Monday for our anniversary (no kidding).  BTW - if you have ever seen are real snocross race up close, and seen the beating those sleds take, you would feel a lot better about the "toughness" of the new firecat.  The Cats were not breaking - the Ski-Doo Rev was.  The only Cat I saw break the driveline was during Hillcross on the X-games - but I also noticed he had a D&D engine (200+ HP)...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts