Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
My 06 XF-7 had a msrp of $9199.00. When I purchased it (leftover) in Sept 06 I paid $6399.00. Are the deals on the M series that much better ??
I did hear of leftover 07 XF-5 going for $4999.00 in Mn.

·
Registered
137 Posts
i just seen an ad for leftover m7`s in the high 5`s also they dont seem to hold value on the used market .just wondering why thats all[/b]
That's right inline with what i've seen around here for the few remaining 06 700's. The 600's are in the mid $5k range. Makes me feel sorry for the guys who got TAGGED hard on the price when these sleds first came out. In March of 06 at the Neilsen Grand Finale snox race in Lk Geneva,Wi, I was quoted 20% off list on any 800/1000 X or F series 07. Now with ALL the reported issues im glad I went the direction I did. BUT.....Still some issues with the sled. Wasted alot of time tuning last season, this year it's gas and go.

·
10,054 Posts
what reported issues have you heard of with the f series?? Only problems I had with mine was a windshield snapped and the seat adjuster broke and after talking with my dealer yesterday, cat is covering both of them. The seat adjuster is there, they just needed the part number off the windshield to order it in.

My guess on the crossfire being more expensive would be that they call it a specialty sled of sorts,,, You can trail ride it as well as deep powder ride it where the M series should be deep powder rode and not a lot of trails,,,
On the other hand, the longer track of the m series and the expenses that goes into making them as light as they are, you would thing they would be more expensive,,, guess I contradict any thoughts I have why one is more expensive than the other.

·
Registered
137 Posts
what reported issues have you heard of with the f series?? Only problems I had with mine was a windshield snapped and the seat adjuster broke and after talking with my dealer yesterday, cat is covering both of them. The seat adjuster is there, they just needed the part number off the windshield to order it in.

My guess on the crossfire being more expensive would be that they call it a specialty sled of sorts,,, You can trail ride it as well as deep powder ride it where the M series should be deep powder rode and not a lot of trails,,,
On the other hand, the longer track of the m series and the expenses that goes into making them as light as they are, you would thing they would be more expensive,,, guess I contradict any thoughts I have why one is more expensive than the other.[/b]
http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45226
Like my post said, mostly 800/1000 sleds with issues. Look up member "Redd" at a-chat, his 07 f-5 had several issues according to him. Although, if I was one of the guys who snowchecked an 07 Z-1 JAG, with the promise from A/C of a 128" track and the trick shock pkg, to find later on that it came with a 121" track and basic RydeFX shocks, I would have been p.o.'d too.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
If it is a dealer in Mi lets say, they have allot less value than out west. Allot less people would consider buying one to ride MI trails, due to the work needed to get them trailable.

One needs to add a heat exchanger, idler wheels, track and add a steering stabilizer to make one trailable IMO. So you are looking at $700-$1200 more in parts on top of the price of the sled.

·
Registered
791 Posts
One needs to add a heat exchanger, idler wheels, track and add a steering stabilizer to make one trailable IMO. So you are looking at $700-$1200 more in parts on top of the price of the sled.[/b]
plus rebuildable shocks, a seat that has some foam in it (as compared to the styrofoam in the M), wider A arms (ok maybe they don't cost more).

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
A narrow stance sled that long without any sort of Stab Bar is going to an accident waiting to happen. Top heavy like riding a bar stool.

The heat exchanger is a MUST HAVE. The M doesn't have the front cooler like that of the Crossfire. Overhet will insue.

Also, a note on the M is that the rear skid is setup for mountain not trail. It is missing the Torque Link system, and this makes one have to run the track tight to keep it from jumping the track drivers. Soo tight that several have snapped tracks and folded up rear skids and tunnels from trail riding. They are also very soft, and there are extensive susp. mods to get the skid trailable.

I was looking at buying a M on my last sled, but went with the C/F as it was a heck of allot cheaper than the cost of the M7 plus all the stuff to make it right for trail use.

Also, the M is geared WAY down. You would be running them to the bar to maintain trail speed (approx 70mph is max)

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A narrow stance sled that long without any sort of Stab Bar is going to an accident waiting to happen. Top heavy like riding a bar stool.

The heat exchanger is a MUST HAVE. The M doesn't have the front cooler like that of the Crossfire. Overhet will insue.

Also, a note on the M is that the rear skid is setup for mountain not trail. It is missing the Torque Link system, and this makes one have to run the track tight to keep it from jumping the track drivers. Soo tight that several have snapped tracks and folded up rear skids and tunnels from trail riding. They are also very soft, and there are extensive susp. mods to get the skid trailable.

I was looking at buying a M on my last sled, but went with the C/F as it was a heck of allot cheaper than the cost of the M7 plus all the stuff to make it right for trail use.

Also, the M is geared WAY down. You would be running them to the bar to maintain trail speed (approx 70mph is max)[/b]

great info... thanks ! M

1 - 11 of 11 Posts