Snowmobile World banner

221 - 237 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,130 Posts
Id like to see the Mach Z return in a zx or rev like chassis weighing in about 50-75lbs less than the current Mach and handling like the current zx MXZs do.

Now that would be sweet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Yup. If they made the Mach a corner to corner sled like the ZX is now. Man would there be some ### kicking going on.

Once that 809 is wound up theres now stoping it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
I HAVE OWNED 8 BOMBARDIER SNOWMOBILES ,THE LAST TWO HAVE BEEN TRIPLES ,THEY ARE AWESOME....NOW I OWN A 800 TWIN...IT DOESNT HAVE THE POWER THAT THE TRIPLES HAVE AND NEVER WILL...I AM PLANNING TO BUY A NEW TRIPLE NEXT YEAR ,IF SKI-DOO CANT SUPPLY I WILL LOOK ELSE WERE,NOT NICE TO SAY BUT I WANT A NEW TRIPLE........HOPEFULLY A 800 TRIPLE IN A MXZ BODY....WHAT DO YOU THINK ? ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
I know where your comming from. THe 800 twins make great low end torque and power but anything over 50km and its not even close.

Plus the triples have other benifits besides power. Benifits which i like when trail riding. There smooth, sound cool, rev fast, get better milage, Dont run as high rpms when crusing, and are not working when on lakes. You can cruse doing 140km with the Mach and not even work the engine.

I think there is a 25% chance of seeing the Mach in a Zx, a 50% Chance of seeing it comeback in CK3, and a 25% Chance of it being gone for good.

If they get rid of the mach, I hope they still sell the 809 as a creat engine. Or make a conversion kit for the ZX and have it as spring order. Somthing to keep the triple triple going.

Come on skidoo...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
Well no one get pissed because he asked but I think it should be dumped from the skidoo lineup. I don't think the triple triple 800 should be but the current mach, definitely.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
Give me a 950 triple\triple in a ZX chassis with 170+ HP in reliable form and I will sell both my HO's to get one. On the other hand we could build our own. I have seen a couple of 98 MXZX 440's with 809's and custom pipes that just flat out rip. Believe it or not some of that extra weight spread out up front helps these olds sleds to corner as flat as a ZX.

I agree dont let the 809 die.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
I think that bomber should tweek the current 809 motor up to around 170-180hp. The way the factories are going with the bigger twins the Mach Z will need to have more power in order to keep her rep as the dominate lakeracer. It would be a shame if bomber dropped the MACH, she diserves to live on and rule the lakes.

Please Bombardier, don't give in to the magazine guy's there are still alot of us top end guru's that want to see the MACHZ live on for many years to come.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Nothing sounds better than a healthy triple. It will probably not make the status of lightest sled, but who cares when you're blowing by the twins? I'd crap if someone could get an honest 180hp out of an 800 twin, and keep it alive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
875 Posts
The shear number of views of this thread says something for Mach!
It should continue to evolve to meet the comsumers needs.
If it is discontinued, they will surely be sought after in twenty years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
I don't think it will die, I seen less and less since 97 but from 01 to now they have gottin really popular again. We were up in Dorset and I must have seen a hundred of them flying around, all current models. As far as it needing work to beat the big twins, I witnessed a 01 mach z kill a mxzx800 in a 1000 foot stretch. The mxzx 800 got ahead at first but the mach z soon showed hhim who was boss! I just wishh they would have kept the mach 1 aswell I have a 99 mach 1 and will NEVER sell it I love it it is heavier but it rocks! I run right with my buddys machh z and I just adjusted my clutches and carbs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
978 Posts
There is no 900 triple triple coming, mark my words. The machz will be gone and the muscle is coming from a 1000 twin direct injection. My sorce is way to good and has never givin me wrong infro before, if he wasn't sure he wouldn't have told me anything.
March 2 this will be confirmed. The demand for the machz's in the northern ontario area is way down cause so far there is only one /03 machz here and littered with revs to many to count.

Don't get me wrong I loved that sled aswell, had a formula 3 800 with jaws pipes and porting. But there demand is way down, I know there are alot of members here supporting the mach but obviously not enough to keep it going.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
I have an 00' MachZ it Rocks!!!! Its my first sled, wife has a 00'700mxz. The new REVS are cool looking but nothing beats that scary fast feeling from the Mach. The mach is head and shoulders above my MXZ700. And it eats up my buddies 02'800 mxz adren. He hates it.... I play with him when we ride... 3/4 throttle we run about even then I nail it and I just walk away.... My Mach is bone stock and his adren is piped and clutched.....
 
221 - 237 of 237 Posts
Top