Snowmobile World banner

21 - 40 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm with you guys.
After owning three Z's, a 98, 99, and a 01 I feel guilty this year because I have gone to an 800 twin. I'm sure I'll enjoy this sled but I'm not looking forward to running the big lakes the way I used to.

Bring on a new-bodied light triple (with triple pipes and big HP), I'll take one.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I think that after driving 3 tripples going to a 800 twin was not a good choice.  Like i said before the tripples offer you somthing the twins dont.  I hope you have fun with it and its not a bad sled its a fregin awsome sled.  I dont blame you for not buying a sled that is outdated and wont handle that great.  

I weigh 278 lb I can drive the mach through the trails real fast.  Can keep up the the best mxz drivers.  But its still hard and the brakes start glowing and it all needs to be changed.  

·
Registered
45 Posts
IF you cant drive a CK3 chassis ski-doo on a tight trail then you maybe should consider another sport. I get a kick out of the magazines promoting the twins.The only thing they got going for them is a bit of less weight when you get stuck.I drove a new variable exhaust 700 Polaris late last year,nice sled, but they forgot to put an engine in it!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm hanging on to my triple for another year and I hope some of the rumors on here are true about a new ZX triple, I like the handling of the MXZ but I like the ride, gas milage and sound of my CK3 machine better.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I had heard too that ski-doo may introduce a triple sled in the ZX chassis, but another intersting twist is that it will be 900+cc's to put to rest the T-Cat vs Mach Z debate. If they make it, sign me up!!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
A single pipe 900 would be a torque monster if it's anything like my F3, I would be happy just to see the 700 triple back but with EFI.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Madmaxx4, I will take offence to the driving comment and you my friend are missing the point.
I think what we would all like to see is a new variation of the of the big HP triple.
Although the Mach Z is great sled it is virtually unchanged since 99.
I get a new sled almost every year and don't want to feel like I'm hopping on the same sled I just traded in, I went to the MXZX 800 because it's different.

I for one will return to a triple when (if) a new model is designed.

Alleycat

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
gentlemen, i agree and i own 2 mxz's although i probably would not own a mach z it's just not me.
but every manufacturer needs a "one to beat" like the mustang is to ford, the corvette for gm or the cbr1100 for honda motorcycles. without this what is carrying the trophy starts to crumble. even though i probably would not own a machz it is still great to go to the ski-doo dealership and sit on a machz knowing this is the fastest sled made period. that is where the confidence is, the big power. who can disagree with 80 years of experience. those missed years of racing in the mid seventies cost ski-doo huge and will not soon be forgotten at head office. i think if we wait we will be impressed ski-doo is not dumb.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Paul that was a good point.  I agree skidoo is not dumb.  There has to be somepeople that like tripples working there.  I just thought that if they look at there sales figures and read all the twin supporting articals that they might think - Well they would probably be a little mad but they would all get on the bandwagon and drive a 800twin.  An 800 twin is not my style machine.  I like to hit the gas and before i know it im passing cars on the highway next to the lake with there kids going WOW what a sled.  And to top it of the people in the distance hear a melody of tripple sounds that is music to everyone but twin owners who always question there buy.  

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Paul that was a good point.  I agree skidoo is not dumb.  There has to be somepeople that like tripples working there.  I just thought that if they look at there sales figures and read all the twin supporting articals that they might think - Well they would probably be a little mad but they would all get on the bandwagon and drive a 800twin.  An 800 twin is not my style machine.  I like to hit the gas and before i know it im passing cars on the highway next to the lake with there kids going WOW what a sled.  And to top it of the people in the distance hear a melody of tripple sounds that is music to everyone but twin owners who always question there buy.  

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Machzzzz1, one thing you are so right about and that is, there is not a more beautiful sound than a triple givin'er across an open feild. that sound is just wonderful out of any make triple. yes even though it is not me when i hear one i get the want one feeling.
have faith in the 80 years of ski-doo they must know they need to be at the top with the big power.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yes paul theres nothing like the sound of a tripple and when you hear it you know it will be passing you shortly.  

·
Registered
7 Posts
New 8 or 900 triple in new chassis is what I would like to see. I would like the weight some where between the Mach Z and the MXZ 800. Why jam a triple in the allready 4 year old ZX chassis. Unfortunatly you are more likely to see new twin chassis with 900 twin or Ski-doo spend alot more engineering time on 4 -stroke sleds. We have to let them know with our wallets what we want or the twins will keep coming. The T-CAT is all done this year and the Mach is next. I can not imagine any Bombardier Marketing guy commiting engineering resources to a catagory that is dying through out the Snowmobile world. It would be career suicide.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I wish someone with a voice at bombardier would read this and realise theres a market out there.  

The fact is that most people arent detured by the tripple engine.  There detured buy the old CK3 Chasie.  The ZX chassie is better in almost everyway to toss up all of that good just for a tripple motor is not the majority its the devoted lovers of speed.  

The problem is that the mach is only good for straite line power.  Its not that great in the trails,  It cant jump,  Its not agile.  

The mxz however is great for trails, Great for jumps, Is agile,  Good for touring,  Has engines for bigginers and experts.  That is why they get the sales and us to open our wallets.  

But not me.  Im with the tripples till there done.  All they have to do is offer a tripple engine in a chassie that is multipurpous like the mxz and i think they will have a TOP SELLER.  

If anyone knows how we could send this or get someone from bombardier to read this please post.  Im suprised they dont do all there R&D through this forum because this is a great place for knowledge.  

The thundercat maybe dying but there is a reason for that.  The market follows skidoo.  If they sell tripples AC will sell tripples.  THIS IS WHY I BELIVE I RIDE THE BEST.  

:angry:

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yeah the only problem is yamaha's dead.  They are not trying to make an impact only trying to BE THERE.  

But i admire yamaha for sticking to the tripples because they know its a supperior engine combo.  It will pay of for them when the market switchs back to tripples and there experts at it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Machzzzz1,

You hit it on the head!  The reason that I didn't and won't buy a triple is solely because of that chassis.  If the 8 (or 9) triple was in a  better (lighter) chassis.  I would buy it in a heartbeat.
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, I wouldn't buy the Cat or Paul Harris either.  Just too much weight for me.  

Bring on the new chassis and I'm there.  Do you have an appropriate email address at Doo so I can officially make my thoughts heard?

21 - 40 of 237 Posts