Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping they were going to change the F series because they are sooo ugly, but they havent yet!! Blah the only real appealing sled to me this year is the new turbo 1100.... Looks good! But other then that, nothings changed on the rest of the models.... Check it out!! Whats ur opinion on the new sleds?

http://[URL="http://www.arcticca"]www.arcticcat.com[/URL]

·
Registered
980 Posts
I was hoping they were going to change the F series because they are sooo ugly, but they havent yet!! Blah the only real appealing sled to me this year is the new turbo 1100.... Looks good! But other then that, nothings changed on the rest of the models.... Check it out!! Whats ur opinion on the new sleds?

http://www.arcticcat.com
Have to agree, sure wish they would work past the butt ugly F series they have now. They are just as, if not more ugly that the revs.
Too bad, the older firecats were one of the best looking sleds ever produced IMO.

Guess I keep the ZR for another season.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boy you arent kidding!! I just bought my 06 firecat this year, if the new ones were worth buying I would have done so, but I ended up buying a new 06 firecat that was a left over model.... The new firecats look like a piece of cheap plastic! They may handle better or w/e, but as far as looks go, ill def. take mine ove the new firecat any day!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I'll be the voice of opposition here, but I'm not interested in the F series. They finally came out with a sled that may replace my Tcat in the turbo Jag. Will see how the '09's perform and hopefully pick up a '10. I guess if I was interested in the F series/2 strokes, I would be disappointed that they didn't come out with a better injection system. Time will tell how they do with this new lineup.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes I agree the f-series are one ugly sled. I sold my 2003 F-7 went to my local cat dealer and pre-ordered the limited edition Z1 Turbo.

·
10,054 Posts
I still think my firecat (03) is one of the best looking sleds on snow IMO,,, but my son has an 07 f6 (new body style) and after it sits in the garage for a while, the look starts to set in. I didnt care for the looks when I first got it for him, but its not a bad looking sled now IMO,,, By chance, you guys that cant stand the looks,,,, have you ever rode one?? I am the first to say that the ride of that 07 is WAY WAY WAY ahead of the ride of my 03. I do have the new seat for the 3" higher and 3" forward set up. IMO

·
Registered
160 Posts
I was hoping they would release a consumer version of the seld that Tucker drives minus the high strung engine. Maybe mid-season release less year?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My buddy just bought an 08 f1000 and i rode it and I feel like I am driving a tank around.... I definitely liked mine better, I could throw it around better then that sucker... I mean its a nice sled and all but as far as looks go, I definitely recevied way more compliments then he did... I don't know, the new look just doesnt do anything for me... I also noticed that no one really owns the new f series... I went up to hurley wi, which is sled heaven and I barely seen any new ones, other then the rental sleds... I personally think no one is buying them... Hands down though, that new turbo is definitely looking mighty fine lol

I still think my firecat (03) is one of the best looking sleds on snow IMO,,, but my son has an 07 f6 (new body style) and after it sits in the garage for a while, the look starts to set in. I didnt care for the looks when I first got it for him, but its not a bad looking sled now IMO,,, By chance, you guys that cant stand the looks,,,, have you ever rode one?? I am the first to say that the ride of that 07 is WAY WAY WAY ahead of the ride of my 03. I do have the new seat for the 3" higher and 3" forward set up. IMO

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yea Im a ski doo guy but I have not allways been that way I also agree There was a time that those F7s and F6s were everyware you went restrant and hotel lots full of snot rockets I was in the market for a new sled and was awaiting the release of the 07 fs then look what happened . I dont care how well they ride or how fast they go I just cant get past the ugly.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think if you set all 4 brands side beside the F series looks better then the yama, doo, or pol sleds.. the 07s colors sucked.. but the 08's looked much better. The Jag turbo is mean looking though huh?

·
10,054 Posts
that jag turbo is a nice looking sled and the colors on the spring only f8 doesnt look too bad either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts