Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone verify yet exactly how the Polaris Magic Red Button works? Here is my guess--the button activates a solenoid in the primary that keeps the weights locked in place while the engine is wound up (simultaneously controlling timing so the engine doesn't blow up). Release the button and the solenoid releases the weights, the primary snaps shut and grabs the belt and you take off like a rocket.
This would sound like some belt damage to me, but it wouldn't matter in snoX where you'd just change the belt before each heat.

·
Registered
216 Posts
ok, so you got this red button and some tubes on the exhaust valves. The description says 1. push and hold the red button. 2. hold throttle wide open. 3. when you release the red button it magically transports you ahead of everybody else. I think when you push the red button you take the t.p.s. out of the timing advance circuit. when you let go of the button the c.d.i. reads the t.p.s. at full throttle, and it instantly (I mean right now !!!!) advances the timing curve sending the engine to max. r.p.m. maybe the tubes are sensing pressure on the valves (just a stab in the dark on that part) or they don't let them slam open so your low end is still good. SWRules

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, yeah, I visited another site when SW was down this morning, and this is about the same thing I read over there. I guess timing is retarded to maintain engine speed just below clutch engagement rpm, then release the button and BlammO! Red rocket!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts