Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this year has been busy, We have had minmal snow compared to previous years. Deep in the mountains but gettin there is another story. Well Dane has set up some ramps about 3 miles from my house and I finially got the courage to try them out. With danes coaching I was doing pretty good for my first day. No tricks yet but I was hitting the 50'fter comfortably. Here are a couple pics and a couple links to some raw video clips. I woulldnt try this on the old rmk!

Video #1
Video #2
Video #3

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
You are crazy!! Nice to see you back around though. Missed seeing some of the awsome scenery shots that you usually tease us with!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Awesome pics and clips.
Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
thats pretty awesome man. i have always wanted to hit a ramp but never had the time or money to build one or know anyone else with one. the bobcat makes good jumps though if it ever snow good again. i wish it was 97 again

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats pretty awesome man. i have always wanted to hit a ramp but never had the time or money to build one or know anyone else with one. the bobcat makes good jumps though if it ever snow good again. i wish it was 97 again[/b]
Well thanks for the compliments everyone. I posted up a few pics in the favorit picture topic.
And for the ramp, yeh I probly would have never tried one if I had to build my own either. They are not to cheap and not many people have the resources to build a track and landing. I will say now though, once you try it you will be hooked. I can't wait to get back home and practice some more. Probly gonna be a expensive learning curve here for me!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
What do you land on is it deep snow , I always thought that jumps would tear apart your sleds do they?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
jumps realy dont break your sleds, they are made to get abused. watch slednecks and you can see. alot of the guys on slednecks just ride regular sleds, most of them wtih upgrades shocks packages but only a few ride race chassis. anything newer then about 98 can take about as much abuse as you can give it. things do break but that is usaully from landing wrong and crashing. if you land square and strait you really shouldnt break anything

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What do you land on is it deep snow , I always thought that jumps would tear apart your sleds do they?[/b]
You actually land on a hard snow/ice surface. It would be really nice to land in pow but it would get blown away after a few hits.

jumps realy dont break your sleds, they are made to get abused. watch slednecks and you can see. alot of the guys on slednecks just ride regular sleds, most of them wtih upgrades shocks packages but only a few ride race chassis. anything newer then about 98 can take about as much abuse as you can give it. things do break but that is usaully from landing wrong and crashing. if you land square and strait you really shouldnt break anything[/b]
It is hard on the sleds no doubt, but then that is what they are for. Right? I cracked my floor boards and had to weld them up after that day. Most of the THC riders up here are riding 440 chassis sleds. I would bet about 90% of them are. On the REV, the 440 is the same bulkhead and tunnel. The 440 just as about 13 more braces that the consumer model. You can buy the braces yourself and install them. It involves a fair amount of work though.

Thanks for the comments guys. I will post some more pics as I get them.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
You actually land on a hard snow/ice surface. It would be really nice to land in pow but it would get blown away after a few hits.
It is hard on the sleds no doubt, but then that is what they are for. Right? I cracked my floor boards and had to weld them up after that day. Most of the THC riders up here are riding 440 chassis sleds. I would bet about 90% of them are. On the REV, the 440 is the same bulkhead and tunnel. The 440 just as about 13 more braces that the consumer model. You can buy the braces yourself and install them. It involves a fair amount of work though.
Thanks for the comments guys. I will post some more pics as I get them.[/b]
all the extra brces are worth it though if you are really jumping alot. i ride a 03 prox race chassis and havent had any real problems. borken the fitting on my shock 3 times but this was not do to the sled this was wrong fitting through together in the middle of the UP to make it work (long story). even with my xcr 440 i had i jumped highways and could break a thing, i mean i really tried and i could. do you have a buddy with a proxr with a rev seat that is black and white. if you do and it the same guy tell him his sled is insane looking.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
all the extra brces are worth it though if you are really jumping alot. i ride a 03 prox race chassis and havent had any real problems. borken the fitting on my shock 3 times but this was not do to the sled this was wrong fitting through together in the middle of the UP to make it work (long story). even with my xcr 440 i had i jumped highways and could break a thing, i mean i really tried and i could. do you have a buddy with a proxr with a rev seat that is black and white. if you do and it the same guy tell him his sled is insane looking.[/b]

Yes the braces are worth it, I know I can still break my sled though :whatever:
And yes my buddie has a white and black ProXR. He actually just threw a video together today. I am away from home and my computer I am on right now will not play it. So here why don't you all check it out and let me know what you think.
I think all of the footage is from late last year and this season. I will see it in about a week when I get back home, until then I am counting on you guys to give me a review on it.

S L E D V I D E O !!!!!!! check it out

·
Registered
6 Posts
I decided I should stop lurking and jump on here and make sure that rmkman didnt leave himself out. I made the video in two parts so I can just post sections up as I get them done.

Thanks for the compliments on the sled and pictures that rmkman posted, we have lots more where those came from.

Here is the link to the other half of the vid
Enjoy :hallo1:
*****++++++RMKMAN VID+++++++*****

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
sweet video guys, living in alaska must be nice. you guys ride up there is the guys from AKracing right. tom from ak in awesome, helped my many a time with the sled. whos red xr 136 is that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
sweet video guys, living in alaska must be nice. you guys ride up there is the guys from AKracing right. tom from ak in awesome, helped my many a time with the sled. whos red xr 136 is that.[/b]

Yeah I know Tom he has help me out of a jam or two. The red sled is my old XCSP, the motor from that sled is in my ProX now.

Be shure and check out the link in my previous post so rmkman gets some shine too! SWRules

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
i watch both and they were great. i wish we had more terrian like that around here. instead we jump huge aproaches and roads. you guys got some sweet jumps in those vids. heres a question for you, do you like the 121 or the 136 better sense you had both. i know this is for topic on the forum but ya. sweet riding you guys

·
Registered
6 Posts
i watch both and they were great. i wish we had more terrian like that around here. instead we jump huge aproaches and roads. you guys got some sweet jumps in those vids. heres a question for you, do you like the 121 or the 136 better sense you had both. i know this is for topic on the forum but ya. sweet riding you guys[/b]
For jumping in the backcountry I would go with 121X2 with some hp behind it. If you have to compromise on the paddle lenghth for trail riding the 136 is the way to go. I like the 121 the most. Its very versatile I can go jump ramps and ride the mountains, ditches, and trails and whatever else you got.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
im going 136 with 2 inch panels thats why i asked. i still have my 121/1.75 if i want to play around here. the 14 wide proxr track just doesnt have the floation though

1 - 20 of 22 Posts