Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well throughout this week I was looking forward to going to the sneak-peek show at the Rock Financial Showplace center tonight, but when I asked my dad last night he said this, "why do we need to go and look at the new sleds when we already have two?"
well, you guys could see the look on my face, and I was pissed. We have a great chance to see the new 2008 sleds that are about 15 minutes away and he says we don't need to go...
just bugs the hell out of me,

-Frank

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Well throughout this week I was looking forward to going to the sneak-peek show at the Rock Financial Showplace center tonight, but when I asked my dad last night he said this, "why do we need to go and look at the new sleds when we already have two?"
well, you guys could see the look on my face, and I was pissed. We have a great chance to see the new 2008 sleds that are about 15 minutes away and he says we don't need to go...
just bugs the hell out of me,

-Frank[/b]
:huh: Did I miss something? Why can't you go by yourself? :blush:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry about the miscommunication, but I have not taken the driver's ed training course, and believe me, If I could go by myself I would.

Frank

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did you tell your Dad during the week that you were looking forward to your trip, or did you wait till the night before to tell him? If you "worked" him over during the course of the week he would or should understand what the trip meant to you. Don't give up, just be frank with him and tell him what the trip means to you. Your Dad should be happy to have a kid who wants to spend with him as opposed to many who would rather hang on the corner looking for trouble.... IMO

·
Registered
361 Posts
If your father paid for your sled, I can understand why he wouldnt want to go. He may think that you are being ungrateful and unappreciative, and just want something new, even know this is probably not the case.

However, your father should also appreciate that you are a sharing a common interest and want to spend time with him. I know snowmobiling has always brought my father and I closer. You should explain to him that you just want to go check them out and spend time with him.

I went last week with my Dad to the spring tour, however he stopped paying for my stuff a long time ago.

Just my two cents

·
Registered
443 Posts
walk or bike you lazy bugger

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
walk or bike you lazy bugger[/b]
LOL.....I hope that was a joke.. that's how I took it anyway, although walking would be an option.

I don't think alot of members on here realize your a minor REVracer and therefore don't understand your still under your dad's wing a little.

I think your quite intelligent and well spoken for a person your age. You keep doing what your doing and be guided by your Dad, perhaps walking wasn't a smart choice.. who knows.

Take Care,

Snow4

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL.....I hope that was a joke.. that's how I took it anyway, although walking would be an option.

I don't think alot of members on here realize your a minor REVracer and therefore don't understand your still under your dad's wing a little.

I think your quite intelligent and well spoken for a person your age. You keep doing what your doing and be guided by your Dad, perhaps walking wasn't a smart choice.. who knows.

Take Care,

Snow4[/b]
thanks for the thoughtful post and citation-83, what was that for?

-Frank

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
sounds to me like papa don't need to go and he holds the lock, stock and barrel.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Well I hope someone takes some picture to post... so you can see a few of the sleds revracer...

I seen the show last week and did not take my camera other wise I would post a few for you..

Rick

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Sounds like a comment I would have made to my son's after just shelling out for a couple new ones, think DavidMaynard is probably right.

Perhaps instead of getting pissed you should have explained to him how much you enjoy spending time with him at these shows, maybe that would have worked??

I now know how soon those special times end as you guys grow up and get out on your own, and your dad will one day as well.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Just got back from the showing, forgot my camera so no pics from me either :confused: . Sure seemed like the majority of the people where located around the Doo area, that XP is going to be a hot seller. Heard lots of non Doo riders inquiring about the new lineup, the Poo area was pretty busy as well but people overall didn't seem real wowed.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
just be frank with him[/b]

ROTFLMAO, that should be easy eh Frank?

We can speculate until the cows come home as to why your Dad reacted the way he did.
However, only your Dad can answer that.
It's probably too late now as I think the show was last night.
But learn from this for future events.
Talk to him when he's not busy and in a good mood.
Start off with apologizing for your reaction. Explain that was due to you being surprised by him not wanting to go as you fully expected that he too would be as excited as you were.
Let him know that you appreciate all he's done for you regarding sledding and that you really enjoy being out riding with him and any other time you may spend with him. Explain that you had no intention of expecting him to upgrade your sled but you were merely curious and excited about the advances in the new technology and wanted to be able to talk intelligently about what you'd be reading about on this site and elsewhere among sledding friends.

Remember, mending fences is important to keep the gate working.
A closed gate holds back many regrets.

Good luck.

Jeff

·
Registered
443 Posts
thanks for the thoughtful post and citation-83, what was that for?

-Frank[/b]
dont take that seriously, i was just saying if the place is only 15 minutes away and you want to see them that badly just walk or bike to see them.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sorry everyone for my rude attitude, I was kind of sour about not being able to go the show.....
It wasn't that big of a deal, going to the show and all. Hope you guys/gals don't think lesser of my integrity.
Thanks to everyone who posted,
Frank

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Did you not have any sledding buddies that have their licence that you could've conned into going w/ ?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
not really, everyone else who we really knew was up north.
thanks for the thought.
Frank

1 - 17 of 17 Posts