Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know alot of them but one the comes to mine is the old massey fergusion sleds lol those were big and ugly haha so who else remembers an ugly sled of the past?

A

·
0 Posts
My dad's first sled. 1971 purple Viking. You had to take the hood all the way off to get to the motor and the gas tank, you had to lift up the seat to get to it to fill.

Attachments

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That didn't sound like fun lol there where hundreds of snowmobile companys i wonder if anybody can remember them all i think most of the early sleds were ugly haha :D

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Sno Bug :hallo1: :p

·
Registered
384 Posts
shark........made in colorado early seventies....butt ugly

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
makes ya wonder what they where thinking back then. well i guess years down the road ppl will look back to our sleds and say the same thing haha

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:withstupid: danr yup that sure is one P.O.S campared to the TNT lol :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
Ah, come on, guys and gals, old sleds are awesome. They may be a tad on the funny looking side, but I could go to a vintage show and drool all day long. These are our roots. Anybody ever go to the Bronson Auction? That's a great place to get on the nostalga wagon. Sometimes I get kinda sad seeing those old, worn machines that at one time came off the showroom floor. I'd do anything to have some of my old sleds back, but the new ones sure are nice.

Jon

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Imo it would be a toss up between the toad (72 Polaris Colt) and the Bolins Diablo.

·
Registered
757 Posts
There were lots of them but the first one that came to mind was the Massey Ferguson. I remember as a kid looking at my neighbor's, wondering why anyone would buy something so UGLY!
The older Mercs would get honerable mention. Oh, can't forget the Herters.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
69 Skiroule!!!!! That was the forst sled I ever drove! Thanks for the pic Dan! I always wanted to know what year it was! :p Nothing like having the engine trying to suck your crotch off :p

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
U wanna see ugly, check out this old "Linson" Who agrees this is the ugliest sled?? HAHAH :doh:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts