Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
I have a 1/2" or 3/4" cable I got from Home Depot with some high quality locks. We can lock all 4 sleds together thru the rear suspension. When we are back at our hotel, we usually load them back up in my enclosed trailer. I've got heavy duty locks on the doors, and welded beads on the hinge pins so they can't just remove the door. If I ever have to remove a door, I'd just grind the bead off.

We leave the trailer hooked to the truck, with locks on the tongue and the hitch pin.

Hope this helps someone out.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Nothing newer than an '88 :D

TTT... Let's get serious here... I almost bought a Masterlock mechanism with a decent size cable on it... They were cheap enough, If I had the $ for a pair of bolt cutters, I would've gotten a spare lock along with the cutters and found out how good they were...

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
.357 Magnum loaded with hollow points..........let the dogs eat the evidence when I'm done.

Only kidding. I have a coated 1/2" cable with locks, I loop the front suspensions of the sleds on the trailer, rung the cable down and through the lock on the tongue of the trailer. Looking for a good lock for the receiver now.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Originally posted by SEXltsp@Nov 3 2004, 11:40 AM
Hidden kill switch.
[snapback]359710[/snapback]​
That's probably the best one yet.

Besides the Polaris cover. :lmao:

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
i used to park my yamaha inbetween some doos.i always felt safe.even left my key in the ignition by mistake a couple of times............. :(

·
Registered
71 Posts
this trick works as well, if you have no lock and your not really feeling like your sled is safe, pop the hood open and throw a few tools on the seat? and curse the whole way into the bar. usally you get a few tips on your supposed problems????

·
Registered
166 Posts
I searched the web and found this lock:
http://www.alarmlocks.com/atv.htm This has a cable that you weave thru any part of your sled. Each end of the cable goes into an alarm box creating a loop. If someone cuts the cable the alarm goes off.

If nothing else, a thief would fear seeing an electronic box and move along. A lock would be okay in a parking lot for short term I guess.

I don't have any feeling of security with a lock or cable - they are sooo easy to cut with a saw or bolt cutters. I have to keep my sleds outside this year and I am worried!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Polaris cover Nice, I guess you could make sure everyone knows you have a series three motor in yer doo... And from what I hear AC has there own theft deterant system, they catch on fire about a mile down the road, although they have had some problems with this backfiring on the owners.

Actually though i try to lock all the sleds together with a cable.
Wayne

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I myself prefer .40 cal as in my Glock 27, I never leave home without it :devil:

I think the best Idea is leaving tools on the seat, but if you insist on covering it the Polaris cover works great :lmao:

Of course Insurance is a must. Late in the season I have to admit it would nice to see my sled gone in the morning, it would assure a new one for the following fall without taking a beating on a trade in :D

·
Registered
959 Posts
I might be able to help you with that one mighty :lol:
Wayne

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
An idea I read elsewhere stuck in my mind. When staying at hotels a baby monitor could be left under the hood and will alert you too anybody messing with the sled.

Perm

1 - 20 of 66 Posts