Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to start out by saying that I had a great time yesterday, meeting everyone and spending lots of Renegademikes money.
After the show Sledheaddude, Theboys800, Renegademike, and the wife and I went out to a mexican restaraunt south of Novi that I like to go to when I'm in the area. We had a great meal and then split paths and headed home.
Upon getting home I start with the usual fun stuff like unpacking all my goodies and putting stuff in the garage. I was thinking how proud I was that I didn't spend all that much money as Renegademike picked up the tab on many of the things seeing he owed me some money. As I cleaned out my pockets and got ready for bed I get this sinking feeling in my stomach as I can't locate the envelope full of money that I took down to Novi. I quickly go through all the bags, back track to the garage and then on to the truck and no envelope :( . Now for the bad part, I had taken an even grand out of the bank as I like to have cash in hand at the show. Calculating in my head I know I only spend around $250 out of the envelope and I still had $50 in my other pocket so that left 7 $100 bills inside. The last time I remember having the envelope with me was at dinner as I paid SHD the $50 I owed him of it. Anyways my wife gets on the phone just before 11pm and calls down to the retaurant, to our surprise the bus boy had found it and turned it into the manager. The manager then tells us that she will lock it up in the safe and let the magager on duty today know that I will be picking it up. :unsure:
Well today I made the trip down and sure enough the manager checks my I.D. and hands over the envelope. Inside just like i left it was 7 $100 bills, 2 trail passes and the receipt from the credit union for my withdrawel. Talk about relieved. The bus boy was off today so I couldn't thank him in person but I did leave some money for him with the manager.
I am very fortunate :) , with the state of the economy and such I don't know how many people would have done the same thing.
Just thought I would share some good fortune. Jason :)

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Wow what a story buddy! And I doo remember seeing that envelope in hand.
Yeah its hard to find a lot of honest people in the World. I am so Glad things
turned out on the good side for ya! :thumbsup: Hey you should have called I ALMOST
went back to NOVI :crazy: -Dave

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
WOW...that is an honest person ! Good Deal Jason !

I would bet to say that a busboy's wages aren't all that great and what an honest thing for him to do. I would have left him a thank you such as you did too.

Snow4

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thats good to hear. There needs to be more people like that in this world.

·
10,054 Posts
You just dont get that happy ending most of the time anymore,,,, sad,,,
glad it worked out for you Jason.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
That is great to hear. :thumbsup: You don't hear of that kind of honesty to often. Imagine what the world would be like if everyone would be just as honest.

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
man if I had known that I would have jacked you up in the parking lot when we dropped things off at the trucks.

"hey Jason look at that...... BAM"

you lucky sob

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just for the record, the resturant we ate at was the Border Cantina on Novi Rd. If you in the area they got some pretty good Mexican fare :thumbsup:

·
Registered
338 Posts
cool, I read a story about a woman who stopped at an atm to get out $20.. to buy luch for her kids or something, when she looked on top of the soda machine by the atm machine she found a stack of $20 bills.. she took them home thinking she found $1000.00 after her and her sister counted it, $20,000... :crazy:
She called the police and turns out the Loomis armoured car employee left it sitting there while loading the atm :withstupid:
she was given a $500 reward...
I wonder if the Loomis employee is still employed??

·
Registered
578 Posts
It is always great to hear a story like that!

When we were in Cabo San Lucas last winter my buddy went to an ATM to get cash. The gals were in a hurry to get going so we rushed to the machine while they waited. He grabbed his money from the machine and we took off. A few minutes later this scraggy Mexican fella comes running up to us winded. I recognized him from the bank. He hands my buddy his bank card and says you left this in the ATM. You forgot to sign off and your account was open. He closed it and took out the card and chased us down.

My buddy thanked the fella over and over. Here in a place where the people are pretty bad off they still have their morals. He could of taken thousands as his card limit was set high.

This was the second time my buddy has done this. The other time was in San Jose, and there too he had his card returned, but that time by a cop who had been told he left the card by a gal who worked in the reception area in the town hall where we got the cash.

Now this time was real funny. We were running late and had a night cruise booked so we were in a hurry. After we left the town hall we headed off down the street to grab a van back to the Hotel. About two blocks away we hear this cop yelling at us in Spanish. Now to clarify things we had pretty much been drunk since we got to Mexico so our minds were a bit foggy. We have heard stories about small town cops in Mexico so we start booking it at a faster walk. Well he starts running so we decide to ignore him and hopefully get a ride before he catches up. Well he catches us and I think oh crap. He is carrying on excitedly in Spanish and we can't understand a word. He gets out his wallet and points to his ID. It was at this point I remembered leaving our passports and visitors cards at the hotel in the safe and I thought we were done. We show him our Ontario ID and he points to my VISA, sitting on the outer part of my wallet and my first thought was Oh crap, he wants cash. All the while he is chattering on and pointing back to city hall - cop shop. He then points to my buddies wallet who at that time realizes his bank card / VISA is missing. The cop is nodding frantically and we finally figured it out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts