Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fanally broke down and bought a thermostat for my sled (we're supposed to be getting 15-20cm of snow tonight), ouch are they ever expensive $66 canadian.  

·
Registered
373 Posts
I don't know what it is about small engine thermostats that makes them so expensive I just paid $22.00 US for one that goes to a Honda outboard, much smaller than the automotive type so I don't think you could match one up.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I couldn't match it up and anyone else I talked to didn't think it would match any automotive one.

·
Registered
875 Posts
$48 for the temperature sensor in my doo

its the parts & service that seam to make the cash for the dealers.

the sensor broke off leaving part of the thread inside the head, how am I going to get that out

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
My doo 800 did'nt even have a stat! Found out because it started overheating in the bad spring conditions.
Cost---$30.00!!!!+$6.00 for a little O ring! what a rip off! I could have bought 3 for a car for that price and they have 3 times the materials in just one......

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Alscool:

Go to a good tool supply shop or Snap-On/Mac Tool guy. Get a EZ Out kit with left hand drills. Using a cordless drill, run the drill in reverse & drill a hole as per the kit's instructions in the remains of the sensor. If you're lucky, the sensor will thread itself out. If not, tap the EZ Out into the hole & turn it to thread the sensor out.

Remember when torquing bolts into aluminum castings, we're not bolting heads on a big block Chevy  

1 - 8 of 8 Posts