Snowmobile World banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
paid 1.98 a few minutes ago in Oregon, OH. They are usually a dime cheaper because of the refineries are on that side of the maumee river

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Curious, is this government regulated?? Never heard of this, is it a Nova Scotia thing?
[/b]
instead of the oil companies setting the price every other day, the utility & review board sets the price every 2 weeks using the "market value" of oil. the only thing it does is saves the consumer from dramatic price fluctuation (ex: today 92.9 tomorrow 105.9, then next day 108.9) instead they set it at say 99.9 for 2 weeks.

BUT

they have an "interveiner" clause, that at any time they can lower or put the price up.

PEI had this for years, NS and NB just adopted the price regulation about 3 months ago.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Well if it just leveled out around $2.25-$2.40 a gal during the winter.
My thumb would be pretty happy :p , I could have lots of fun when the white stuff hits.
Seen $2.11 today in grand blanc mi, mak'n it easier to go to work :confused:.Well that's what I tell myself :whistling: .

Were making the PONTIAC G-6's, and were on OT :crazy: ."BUT" they say we will be down for a wk or so at a time, maybe in nov , maybe dec,. Im hoping it is like last year, 2wks in jan and feb :wink: "thats" riding time . I could have most of jan off this year(including the SW ride) :thumbsup: .

Sure hope it's true and the price stays down :unsure:

mutt

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
BS here in Sudbury

Last thursday it was 79cents a liter

by afternoon it was 95cents a liter :cussing:

now it is back to 89cents

·
Registered
978 Posts
Well up here in Timmins were paying 96.9 per liter, and alot of people are happy.....but i'm still so very pissed. Knowing that the cheapest gas in Ontario is 72cents a liter and the Ontario average is like 80 cents....So what did we do too deserve too be 16cents above the average. We never were that far above the average before. Sure i'm glad i'm not paying 1.18 a liter like we were not so long ago, but still we are getting screwed. Sudbury and Chelmsford are only 285km's away and they get too see gas in the 70's once and awhile....but we never do! Infact smaller towns that are more remote then Timmins pay less that are close too us. Matheson Cochrane have been paying less then us too.

Thanks too Ontario gasprices.com too make me so frustrated! My only defence is too use alittle gas as possible during the "non sledding months" Ride my rode bike too work...not a motor bike...bicycle... as much as possible...walk too the stores and mail... :bash:

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
no competition in Timmins might be the answer

lets say you have 10 gas stations but 2 owners own 7 of them

they get to set the price

Or how about this

we left Sudbury the gas was 82cents in Pte Au Baril it was 89cent then in Parry Sound its 80cents

People are stupid to get gas in Pte Au Baril IMO when 20 minutes away its almost 10cnets cheaper

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Or how about this

we left Sudbury the gas was 82cents in Pte Au Baril it was 89cent then in Parry Sound its 80cents

People are stupid to get gas in Pte Au Baril IMO when 20 minutes away its almost 10cnets cheaper
[/b]
Always try to support the local buisiness but the Shell station in Pointe Au Baril is so overpriced I refuse to buy. :crazy:

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Ya Cory

Went back to sudbury

78cents in Parry Sound

93.9cents in Pointe Au Baril

81 here in Sudbury

Parry Sound drops 2 sents in 2 day Pointe au Baril rises 4 cents

WTF

·
Registered
978 Posts
See this is when the goverment has too step in and regulate the price too more of a average price, so us that arn't in the competition zone arn't getting screwed so bad. Now I know that eveyone that is south of us would be upset.

Also the goverment is willing too give refunds too people too use public transit or go-trains or whatever too cut down on car's with single persons in them burning up gas. Now up here in the north, we don't have the option of go-trains and so on. Yes we have public transit in town, but there's no bus going too my work. So give us some freaking slack on the gas prices, as we rely on driving.

Also they are gonna loose alot of volenteer drivers. My dad is a volenteer driver for the cancer society, bringing patients back and forth from Timmins too Sudbury, and across the north they get the same gas allowance, i think it's 27cents. Now i believe the south get's more, i'm not sure but i think it's like 10cents more. Now when we are paying on average of 17cents a liter more, and get less per kilometer....how is this fair, and how do you expect too keep drivers. My dad use too go once a week, now there lucky if he goes once a month.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts