Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor is thinking of buying a 2001 Polaris XC 800 SP. Is this in the Edge chassis? If not, what chassis is it? What skid is on it? How does it ride? It has 1200 miles on it. The guy is asking $4500 US. How much is it worth? Any info about this sled would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
791 Posts
The sled will be in the edge body, edge suspension, excellent ride, fast, but no VES i think, he better have a good arm to start the monster twin.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
It's an awesome sled. All the latest and greatest as far as the chassis/suspension is concerned. The motor will not be VES equipped. It will also not have the decompression hole offered on the 02 and newer 800s to help overcome a starter rope that's very difficult to pull though when cold.

I would not recommend this machine to anyone without a lot of riding experience, or to someone that is not able to pull that rope easily. I'm thinking that person is going to be over 200lbs....

I've seen a lot of them in the low 4's. If it's nice, the price is in line.

AL

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have a 2001 XC 800 (red) , and I love it. Its not the VES version, but it still goes like stink. Ive had alot of Polaris' in the past but this is by far the best handling machine I've rode. I agree with "michachicks" about it being a sled for riders with alot of experience, the power feels like it never goes away. If you can pull it over, You will enjoy it!

·
Registered
45 Posts
great machine i luv mine,just need a strong arm and get rid of that stock can and put on a mbrp can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts