Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone had bad fuel milage on there 2002 800 sleds last year; then Skidoo says it is one of a couple things. First they say to check that the choke plungers fully close when there off.

They also say if you lean out the jets one size and install a softer compression spring in the secondary clutch it will lower the operating RPM by 500 RPM at trail speeds and improve off-throttle coasting with less engine compression braking.

With these two adjustments they claim the sled should get an easy 10-12 MPG.

:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
on the 2002 mxz 800 the needle jet height is very critical and should be check, if to low the fuel consumpsion will be outrageous. :0: :0: :0:

Minimum setting 1 mm
maximum setting 1.5 mm

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the needle jet is to low wouldn't that lean it out and conserve fuel? Pulling the needle jet away from the seat would allow more fuel to enter the reed making it rich.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
What do u mean? Shut off those choke plungers on each carb. when u shut off the sled or what? I have a '89 Mx 462 and theres 2 levers on the top of each carb that says choke on it. Should i have these pushed up or down when riding. Right now they're both pushed up??

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Your situation is a bit diffrent. Skidoo ment make sure that the choke is fully off when the single lever is in the off position.

Your situation sounds diffrent. You said that it says choke on the lever. Is it a manual choke that your talking about or a lever that is attached to a cable that goes to a remote lever.?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
theres a lever on each carb that says choke on it that goes up and down and is not connected to a cable, it just pushes this little bar thats connected to the lever down in the carb and i'm not sure whether the choke is on or off when the lever is up or down.??

·
Registered
678 Posts
People crack me up that buy an 800 and then complain about the gas mileage. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts