Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all of us Yamaha riders asleep till winter or something?  I mean, we need to keep the posts up!  On average, there are about 2 posts per day....Toydoc is falling asleep from boredom everybody!  We need to give him something to moderate!  So let's all get very talkative like they are over in the Doo/don't forum!

(Sorry you Doo people)

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Maybe you should invite us over?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Maybe I should change my name to yamadoo as I will be riding both next year. I'm not sure what to do to increase the posts on here. Hopefully next year when we have some quality product to talk about it will get better.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
The best way to solve your problem is just buy a Ski-doo & join us over at our forum

·
Registered
858 Posts
You could always try to cause some problems on your yammies and post them here
 Put dynamite sticks in them, I'm sure there's going to be a lot of questions on how to put em back in one piece. Try to discuss more ways to improve your sleds, talk about after market parts, anything  

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Post some pics of your sleds.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
in the early seventies i can remember the yammies were light years ahead of most the competition, when i said most the closest thing was a sno-twister. i think yamaha has made their destination clear by not following the others this past few month's.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
It looks like they want to specialize in the high end of the market. The entry level or mid-range buyer be d$%^&ed  

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I think the 'doo guys & gals would just drown them out  

·
Registered
731 Posts
The Yamaha owners are happy with the sled.
Take a SRX, no body makes pipes that make more HP than stock (3~5hp for $700)
So whats to work on, clean valves, clutchs, run it.
Most of the people that make a stink about the Viper don't own one, heck most don't own a Yamaha but have no problem telling the world whats wrong with Yamaha sleds, I think thats odd.

Now all the talk about " The entry level or mid-range buyer"
It was Yamaha that had started it all in 1988 with the SnoScoot and SnoSport.
That was a REAL 120cc sled that you and I could ride. It did't sell. Was it ahead of it's time?
They still get $1400 plus for a 14 year old sled so I think so.
The market is not that big. I can not and will not buy my kids a NEW $3500+ entry level of any brand.
You can find tons of good used 500cc sled, so was it a bad move?
How about the 440 MX sleds, some people have a real problem with Yamaha not having a 440, but most don't own a Yamaha. I don't care if Yamaha has a 440 sled, I don't want one.
Say Yamaha made a ALL NEW 440cc snocrosser this year and not the RX-1.
Put all the R&D and cash into the new 440 all the people say Yamaha needed.
What % of sleders would be snowchecking Yamahas new 440?
How many of you would want one?
Now look at what the RX-1 has done. They are taking market share from other brands.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Toydoc, you almost agreed with me when you made the comment about buying a used 500. What is going to happen in 3 or 4 years is this: A new snowmobiler is going to be looking for a used 500 and there won't be any used 500 Yamahas. They'll pick one from the other 3 OEMs. If they have a good experience with that sled, they'll probably stick with that brand.

How many people started with a used Phazer? A lot. Now Yamaha doesn't have that kind of sled in their lineup.

·
Registered
731 Posts
You got it "If they have a good experience with that sled, they'll probably stick with that brand."
So what will happen in 3~4 years is I will buy a used 600 L/C and I don't want a 500 fan. You still may want one, you will have lots to pick from.

"How many people started with a used Phazer? A lot. Now Yamaha doesn't have that kind of sled in their lineup."
Good point. Now when Yamaha came out with the Phazer it was the "500cc" Yamaha fan motor it was the same thing "what about the entry sleders? the other 3 OEM's have 340 fans."
Well, how did the Phazer sell?
How many NEW 340cc fan sleds do you see in the showroom from any brand now?
The most cc Yamaha had back then was 570cc and the Phazer was 480.
Now it's 1000cc and the Vmax is 600.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts