Snowmobile World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as most people know by now, you can't post pics of the 08 revs on dootalk. Someone did, and asked "What do you think?" I replied "I think you're gonna get in trouble." A few minutes later I can't do anything and it says that my account has been suspended. I was like wtf is going on, and submitted a help ticket. I assumed that maybe a moderator had mistaken me for the guy who started that thread and posted the pic. Nope, they were well aware that wasn't the case. They said that when I replied I quoted the guy, and by doing so I posted the pic as well. The brainiac that suspended me was named skidooboy and bobadoo thought it was completly justified apparently because he did nothing to reverse it, nor has Craig. In fact he hasn't even responded to me.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I figure I'll get suspended there pretty quick, because I let it be known that all 5 of the guys I know who ride ski-doo's have burned them down this year... Anything that BRP doesn't like, and well.

I'm getting really tired of that forum because of the pandering to the manufacturer. If you say anything bad about ski doo or BRP, there's a hundred guys ready to jump in your s&^t

BTW, nice avatar :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
thats bs what a retard !

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well maybe that has something to do with it. In another thread someone asked why brp doesn't give the 3 year warranties on their sleds like they do on their quads. I responded, "Maybe because they would be paying too many claims." Or something like that. All I know is that guy is a retard, or he thought I was the guy to post the pic.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hell the pic is out so i dont see the big deal....once its out it will never not be on the internet or on someones computer.

·
Registered
593 Posts
OMFG The conspiracy grows!!!!! WTF They removed the help ticket apparently so that nobody can see the bs. Now that aggravates the crap out of me![/b]

LOL if it makes you feel any better I commented on it before they removed it. Told them it was a joke basically.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That;s total BS. My freakin SKIDOO DEALER has that pic displayed at the front counter. That was where I first seen it, was at the dealer, not online. So, if Dootalk is givin you a vacation, for a quote??? WTF. I probibaly won't last long there eiter. I'm having a conflict over simple physics with one member there allready, in the Black Arts clutch thread.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Its funny, when anyone gets booted they never think they did anything wrong. But obviously they had to. You posted a the pic ,in a reply, and you knew all the crap that happened when it was first posted. Same thing would happen here if you did or posted something that the Admins told you you couldn't.

Why is it always someone elses fault, nobody can own up to there mistakes

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think that was a pretty good answer, guess you got OWNED on that one.[/b]
I never got owned there, he never answered my REAL question. WHy Sparky got booted for a SITE FEATURE that copies pictures in quotes. Because of a built in feature of the quote function, he gets banned?? He wanted to reply specificly to the original poster, so you hit the "reply" button. DooTalk forum automatically copies the whole post, pictures, any previous quoted etc. It is rather annoying acctually. Most web forums don't quote other quotes, or pictures, to save space and loadup time. Something I think DooTalk needs to look into, because they sure get alot of connection errors and Max User errors lately. Sometimes it's impossible to get on I find

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I figure I'll get suspended there pretty quick, because I let it be known that all 5 of the guys I know who ride ski-doo's have burned them down this year... Anything that BRP doesn't like, and well.

I'm getting really tired of that forum because of the pandering to the manufacturer. If you say anything bad about ski doo or BRP, there's a hundred guys ready to jump in your s&^t

BTW, nice avatar :)[/b]
I freely make my feelings known, on Dootalk, about BRP and there inability to build a decent engine, admit to mistakes, and a host of other issues..and I've never really had to deal with a mod or Craig because of it, nor really any other members. Like this site it has it's purpose and each site also has there own guidelines. If you don't like it don't go there...it's simple..and I really don't see the point of even calling down another site on here...it really serves no purpose.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I never got owned there, he never answered my REAL question.[/b]
Actually Craig did a very good job of answering the REAL question you initially asked..which was "why is that picture bad???" and "So, if the acctual SKI DOO dealer shows the pic, why is it TABOO here????"
Besides..when you quote someone on that site the progrma may automoatically add the picture but you can easily manually remove it to avoid any hassles.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I really don't see the point of even calling down another site on here...it really serves no purpose.[/b]
Well, it's called venting. I know a lot of people on dootalk are also here. It was a total BS call, and I wanted to vent/warn about it.

Besides..when you quote someone on that site the progrma may automoatically add the picture but you can easily manually remove it to avoid any hassles.[/b]
Seriously, what kind of rationally thinking adult would consider that an infraction? Did you read the explanation? I quoted the guy because he asked "What do you think?" and I replied "I think you'll get in trouble." Whenever I'm talking to someone specific, or there have been several other responses in between, I quote the post I'm referring to. I had no malicious intent, I wasn't trying to post a picture, or upset anybody on the forum. I was simply relpying to a post. Would you consider what I did an infraction, before you heard all this? And I want a serious answer here, would you have thought "Ooooh, that guy quoted that other guy's post with a pic off an 08 rev, man I bet he's going down." Probably not. I think they (Bobadoo and Rev-Rider) both knew it was BS but didn't want to over-turn the decision of a fellow moderator.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its funny, when anyone gets booted they never think they did anything wrong. But obviously they had to. You posted a the pic ,in a reply, and you knew all the crap that happened when it was first posted. Same thing would happen here if you did or posted something that the Admins told you you couldn't.

Why is it always someone elses fault, nobody can own up to there mistakes[/b]
I didn't post the pic, someone else did. I quoted someone like I explained in the above post. Same situation as this actually, and replied. My reply was, well read the above post. Just by the content of my reply it should have been obvious that I wasn't trying to post the pic. And that night that rev-rider blew a gasket and shut the site down I was in there in the chat "sticking up for him" and his decision to not allow the pics, as well as in some of the threads going in the aftermath. I saw his situation 100%. If he ticked off BRP, than he would lose the relationship he was building with them, and not have the opportunity to see/ride/review these things for us. And I be willing to lay down a bet that if a BRP rep would have seen that thread he wouldn't have said "Hey, that guy just quoted that other guy thereby posting the pic as well. Suspend him." I think they'd even understand that I was just trying to convey to the guy that you can't do that.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I didn't post the pic, someone else did. I quoted someone like I explained in the above post. Same situation as this actually, and replied. My reply was, well read the above post. Just by the content of my reply it should have been obvious that I wasn't trying to post the pic.[/b]

OK you didn't post the pic, you replied to the thread which caused the pic to be REPOSTED, which is what you were banned for.

you could have just as easily taken out the pic, and left the words. Intentional, maybe not, bad judgement, DEFINITELY. And you might be right, they might have reacted the way they did, because of all the crap that went on before, but if it was my site and I had to put up with all that crap again, I would be harsh also.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.