Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thinking about some upgrades for the sled. '01 mxz 700 w/dpm. 1600 miles stock except rumble pack can and I dropped the top gear by 2, the machine is used for trail riding and in Michigan.  Would this work, Wiseco 2 ring pistons, boysheen reeds in stock cages, a clutch kit and maybe shave the head and trail port it, Just wondering if it would be noticable, what works what don't?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Do you read this forum?? Check out 01 700 mods by JWheeler...
Also check out Dynoports web...There's an article about stage tuning...

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
One thing is good is the 2 tooth down size. Everything else you mention is the norm for a hot trail sled. One thing I dont understand is the Wiseco pistons? With only 1600 miles it's barely broke in! I have never used them but have heard they dont go well in skidoo's, something about the clearences and ring snaging?

·
Registered
176 Posts
now you have me scared what is up with weisco piston`s in a doo I just bought a .60 over kit for the old 583 anyone have any input what should I be looking for...  thanks jeff in nh

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The deal with the wiseco's is: I have heard if you do a leak down test on the doo single ring pistons compared to the weisco's 2 ring pistons the weisco's are way better, I'm not sure if the forged weisco's are lighter but I will find out. I ran them for 2 years in my old formula with out any problem. Has anyone tried port templates from race logic? I want computer tested dyno tested results thats why I'm considering this.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
the black '00 700 in my trailer is a freinds sled that I tune and ride once in awhile ,mainly when racing is involved,on the dyno it had 123 hp stock now it has 134. mods where limited to reeds and pipes,and of course clutching.crankshops twins,boyesson reeds.this sled runs really well with 175 lbs. rider no runs on the clock,however it will run with stock mxz 800's and outrun some xc 800's,as well as not so well tuned long track mach's

·
Registered
27 Posts
When did Wiseco start making a 2 ring piston for the 700 DOO?

I know they make a single ring piston? But have not seen a 2 ring piston from them.

By the way, 2 rings vs. 1 will actually hurt performance. The problem with the DOO single ring set-up is not the fact that it is single ring, but the fact that the type of single ring they use is garbage

Kelsey

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks for the reply mudwiser the kit I bought is only 1 ring like the factory piston and the ring gap is in the same location. I will be selling this sled in the fall but want it to be a good sled for the buyer.    jeff in nh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts