Snowmobile World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling the 96 v-max and looking to upgrade. The 2000 and newer Srx 700's have kind of cought my eye. I ride mostly in NE Ohio lots of woods and big soy been fields. I want something with more get up and go than the v-max. I had a ZR-580 that was a little more nimble and peppy but I still want faster. I have no loyalty twards any brand if that helps. With the crappy winter we have been having I figure I can get a good deal yet this year.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The title of the post says SXR 700 and the body of the post says SRX 700. Which do you mean? They are totally different sleds. The SRX is a very fast triple triple. And the SXR is a relatively quick triple single. Both of them are very reliable but the SRX is more of a lake runner with its limited suspension travel. Whichever one youy buy, I would make sure it has the dual headlight. I think the SRX had it in 2000 and the SXR had it in 2001. The SXR will give you 14 mpg if you drive it fairly hard and a little better if you are easy on it. I put about 10000 miles on a 97 with only 1 issue which was the recoil starter spring breaking. I sold it to my buddy anf the crank bearing failed about 300 miles later. The 97's were known for crank seal/bearing issues. The problem was fixed in 98 and most people are getting 15000 trouble free miles on the engine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, SXR 700 triple. I'm not up to speed with all the new tech on the newer sleds what is a
"triple triple" vs a triple singe"?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Triple cylinder triple pipe (exhaust), triple cylinder single pipe. The triple pipe sled has more power but also more weight.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a sxr 700 its an 01 I have never had any show stopping issues with it. It has pretty good get up and go. A tank of gas lasts for a long time. The only thing that I would change is the location of the grip warmer switchs they are hard to adjust with gloves on.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I have 00 sxr 700 with 5k no problems. I have the single headlight it sucks. I put a 65 / 85 and turned the headlamp down and keep the brights on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts