Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is all the talk on f7's power.Should i change me order to a ZR800.What does everone think.They are not giving any torque numbers.I am new at the power game.People are saying they are going to run with the 800 but nobody seem's to have proof.I need help.Are they all hype or are they going to rock.THANX

·
Registered
483 Posts
Well, if you can believe what you read then they should live up to their claim. They will both kick out about 140 hp, plus weigh about a reported 50-60 lbs. less than the ZR. My guess is that they will rock,and if I had the extra $$$, I  would put my order in.If wrong, sell it and get a ZR.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you run stock gear in the 900, and currently proposed gear in the F7 (Cat us still clutching), the 900 will get ahead of the F7 by 1-1-1/2 lenghts up to approx 100 mph actual. After that, the F7 will go by it by 2-3 mph. You have to understand that the 900 could easily take more gear and thus have a top speed increase. Cat did not gear up in production because the low operating rpm needs higher gear to begin with, and if geared too high, you would burn belts if crawling around at 10-30 mph for long durations. And I know your saying who does that anyway. Well believe me a LOT of people do exactly that, and Cat has to account for that situation.  Info from Greg spaulding (Arctic-Cat).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

thanx fast600 i guess i made the right choice and stick with the f7.Ur source never said how the 700 were lasting in testing,any problems with the engine,etc.Any ideas how the are on fuel, a rep said as good as a 800 about 19 mpg canadian and 16 american?THANX

1 - 4 of 4 Posts