·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RX-1 at Eagle River (Hot Laps)
BlueByYou2000 on 1/22/2002 4:56
0 PM
Ready or not, here comes 4 stroke!!!

Guys the mystery RX-1 driver at Eagle River was Bobby Donahue, also my dealer. Heres his impressions of the sled. He told me he has never gone around the track faster even when he ran Formula I and Formula III. The Ski-Doo top guns held there radar on the RX-1 and it showed 109 on the back stretch. Keep in mind how short this track is. This sled had the crowd buzzing and definetely stole the thunder for the weekend. I also talked to Bobbys dad today and he is very impressed with the craftsmanship and overall design, in his words, "its a work of art". The Donahues are very respected in the sledding world, and they have seen alot, and for the RX-1 to get there undisputed praise, speaks volumes. Ill be ordering mine as soon as I decide on a color. One other interesting thing Bobby mentioned was what other manufactuers were saying about it, they were all very impressed, and made the comment that they are behind the 8 ball. Also with the Donahues at Eagle River was Dick Trickle, whom im sure most of you know from NASCAR. Before he raced cars, he was circle tracking with Bobby. His comments on the RX-1 were that whomever engineered the new sled, in particular the front end, did a masterful job. So, i just wanted to share this with those of you sitting on the fence...BBY

·
Registered
278 Posts
I am a doo man but I have to say the RX-1` looks good to me but how heavy will it be and will it stand up to hard riding in the trails. It is one thing to go fast on a track . But I dont ride on a track i ride in the bumps.I am in the market for a new sled and I would like to try one ..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Saw the rx1 at summit lake alaska ..Yamaha was there a few weeks ago testing 136 on the gun..I LIKE IT..Went down too my dealer here in alaska to snow chk mine today..Snow is fat here...Sorry about The big pic on the mm700..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts