Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Skidoo no longer makes a throttel cable (oem) for a 1990 skidoo safari LX 477 at least according to xtreme power sports. The one I have doesn't have any more adjustment left. Will most twin carb with oil injection cables work? An suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Well im sure there must be some aftermarket places in the states. I know Royal Distributing would have then for sure but their Canadian but they will ship over the boarder. www.roayaldistributing.com also ask the place you deal with if they can order Kimpex as they carry alot of parts for older machines.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already tried the Kimplex route and ended up getting a singe carb cable. The cable for the early 90's formula looks almost the same but according to OEM they are not?? How different could they be?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Royal Distributing has one for Safari GLX/LC/LCE 447 '90 - '92 P/N 05-139-67

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[Thanks,
Ordered from Royal Dist. the shipping was almost as much as the cable. Nice people though, they actually sent me an email to make sure I was OK with a $15.00 shipping fee before they sent it.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yep Royal is a very good place that is where all of my parts clothing and riding gear come from!. and there new store in barrie is AMAZING if you guys haven't been there yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts