Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I found a 1998 T-cat in good conditions for 5000$. What´s your oppinion about that machine? Should I buy it?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Thats a pretty vage statement. how many kilometers or miles are on it.
What kind of shape is it in.
Are there any modes done to it.
The machine will 5 years old this season and the value of a sled drops fast.
the price is less then a new one but if the previous owner ran the crap out of it, then you will be investing in a money pit.
Good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
 Well. The conditions is at least close to perfekt. It has reversegear and electrical start. 3000 km. And it havnt been modified as far as I know. What do u think?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Do you live in Canada?
The reverse gear limits your gearing plus added weight. Look for a 99 or new T-Cat. Aluminum bulkhead, rails, etc= about a 20-30 lb reduction.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Seems really high to me.  Also I agree with AKCAT, look for a 99 or newer.  Lot a changes for the better.  But if your set on that one, call a bank and don't pay over low book on it! Good luck

·
Registered
349 Posts
Roger, where you from, I may be able to set you up with a 2001 for around that price. only rode 1 winter, and this was a short winter here in Wis.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I´m from Norway, northern Europe. Seams like a good price for a 2001 but I dont think I could save any money by import a used sled even thou the pricedifference seams to be big. A T-cat from 2001 would be at least something like 7000 $. At first I didnt realise that the difference in cost could be that big. I think one of the reasons is that the US$ (and most likely the Canadian too) is quite expensive today. If I would had bought a sled some 6 years ago it would have been something like 60 % cheaper. If I dont go for the T-cat I´m seriously thinking about a ZR 800 around 2000, the price is about 4000 $. Maybe that rather be something!?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts