Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the just right jetting for the 2000 T-Cat1000 at 750-1000'?
Stock is 320's I went down to 290's at the end of last season (sucked lots of gas
at 0C, 32F) but did not test them any colder then -10C, 14F.
Would it be safe at say -25C, -13F?

Any help would be much appreciated
:doh:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Added a power breather and 330 mains. Good down to -30C at 1,200 ft above sea level. In the spring when temps go above freezing and I go out for those last rides as the snow is melting I go up to 310's.

Air box is way too restrictive on this seld. I gained 5mph top end and 20% increase in fuel economy with this one change. Oh and leave the snorkle shelf in place do not remove.

D&D recommends two jet sizes larger than stock for the temp Arctic Cat recomends on the sticker with the powerbreather. The only draw back is more reed noise at low speeds. At high speeds who can tell.

Any time you change jetting you must read your plugs to see that you are not running to lean.

·
Registered
154 Posts
This may not be much help, but I have an 01 with the airbox gutted and jetted at 300. I am not sure if you have the flat slides or not. Should be safe to -10.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I use to run 310's here in Michigan and it was good on most all days. If it got real cold I would have to stay out of the throttle until it warmed up a bit.. -20 degrees was the limit with those jets.. I had my airbox gutted and holes drilled in the back of it by the gas tank.

If your looking for better fuel mileage I would recommend dropping the e-clip one notch at a time and then read your plugs to make sure you don't get too hot in the mid range.. you can also adjust your air and fuel screws but I would just do one change at a time and keep checking it...

Plugs should be a Gray color.. and if you have pin light look at the top of the piston.. should be carbon covered with wash at the intake and exhust ports.. about the size of a dime or so..

Good luck.

If you in Michigan I can hook you up with the best T-Cat guy around..

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the help
I don't care about fuel mileage at all. Fuel range however is very important to me. It dropped from 120 miles to 70 miles when it is warm.

In my Freddie days stock jetting was 410's, I ran 370's all day at -25C and never melted down from being lean.

Once again any help would be much appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
886 Posts
T_Cat, can you post that info? I'm in Michigan and am always interested in finding someone who knows TCats.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Stage IV Performance, Bob Quigley. Highland, Michigan He is an triple master..

I can't find his number right now.. but he is listed..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Guys
Just read your replys on improving a ThunderCat. Wonder if this would also work on a '98 Pantera 800 triple. Just bought one last spring. Stepped up from my old reliable '92 Prowler 440 liquid. Big change in power and ride. Also big change in fuel. On a nice spring day, 0C, ran tank dry in 90 miles of trail and open lake running. Friend on a Pantera 580 EFI still had some gas left after 115 miles. Had a look under the hood. Man it is tight. How do you get the carb out to change jets. Plugs were a rich chocolate color. Is this good or a little rich? Had not thought about gutting the air box. What does that entail? Had been thinking about a Holtzman temp-a-flow. Are they any good?
Do you know of any problems I should look out for from this motor?? One thing I need up here is a reliable machine. Can ride for days and barely see a sole.
:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts