Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my dead 800x back. Decided to take Ski-Doo up their offer to try machine before giving it the boot. Here's the deal. I only have tomorrow to ride it since I go on a shut down at work for the next 3 weeks or more starting Monday. I've been trying to reach Bill Cudney regarding installation of some Arms I purchased but no luck. I think they are installed right, they came with some brass "fasteners" with some washers underneath them. I installed the arms with the heads of the fasteners facing down while the clutch was upside down on the bench.  Is that the right way? Also, anyone know the proper torque value of the clutch mounting bolt? I as well installed a set of V-Force reeds but left the main jets alone as it is to be -37 here tomorrow. Should run crisp! Any help would be muchly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I think Bill is in Michigan ice racing.  I don't know about your Thundershift arms, but the proper torque for the clutch bolt is 70 lbf'ft or 95N'm.  Good luck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sounds like you have the arms in right.  The fastener heads should be on the spring side of the arm.  If you can picture how the arm works, the fasteners should push on the arm.  The correct procedure for installing the clutch bolt is to first torque it to 77lbf-ft accelerate the vehicle 5 times on jack stand, reduce torque to 63 lbf-ft then retorque to 70lbf-ft.  If you have the rest of the clutching set up right you should feel a big difference with those arms!!!  Have fun....

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot you guys! Seems like they are in right. Really appreciate the info. Thanks again.
     Bobber

1 - 6 of 6 Posts