Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm knew to this snowmobile forum.... I would like to start off by saying HI! to everyone!!
But my reason for writing this, is to ask you guys for some help... I found 2 snowmobile carburetors that my grandpa used to own, they are both Tillotson's. One is an HD series and the other is an HL series. They are Diaphragm carbs. But my question is, from what kind of sled may they come from? My grandpa owned a few sleds like: Arctic Cat Panther/ Skiroule/ Ariens/ Motoski/ Snocruiser. If anyone knows any little bit of info, it will be greatly appreciated. I also found some serial numbers on them like: HD**** and HL****.

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys, I'm knew to this snowmobile forum.... I would like to start off by saying HI! to everyone!!
But my reason for writing this, is to ask you guys for some help... I found 2 snowmobile carburetors that my grandpa used to own, they are both Tillotson's. One is an HD series and the other is an HL series. They are Diaphragm carbs. But my question is, from what kind of sled may they come from? My grandpa owned a few sleds like: Arctic Cat Panther/ Skiroule/ Ariens/ Motoski/ Snocruiser. If anyone knows any little bit of info, it will be greatly appreciated. I also found some serial numbers on them like: HD**** and HL****.

Thank you!!![/b]
I recently had a couple of Panthers (74s) that had The tillotsons (HDs) installed on them ..
most of the old timers said they dident come with them but I have seen quite a few on the sleds I have had, they are fairly easy to rebuild and set up , as for what they may have came on it's anyones guess they were a popular carb back in the day and I have seen them on lots of older sleds from the early 70s...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I recently had a couple of Panthers (74s) that had The tillotsons (HDs) installed on them ..
most of the old timers said they dident come with them but I have seen quite a few on the sleds I have had, they are fairly easy to rebuild and set up , as for what they may have came on it's anyones guess they were a popular carb back in the day and I have seen them on lots of older sleds from the early 70s...[/b]
My guess is that they came frmo a moto-ski but if you're building a sled to ride a lot you might consider an adaptor and going with a Mikuni slide carb w/ the in-line fuel pump. You could sell the Tillotson to somebody (or tyrade) to a person who wants to restore a sled!

·
Premium Member
575 Posts

Thank you!!![/b]
There should be numbers stamped on the carb and you can tell by the number what it came from.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, thanks a lot for the replies!! I was thinking of maybe buying myself an old snowmobile and installing the HD carb on it to get some more power out of it... Anyways thanks a lot!!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had one of those carbs on my elan worked fine when it was clean and had good diaphrams in it. Seem to have to rebuild it lots for it to work right got to be a real pain.Switched to the mikuni and it tics like a watch lol i would never use one agian, i have a whole box of old ones i am trying sell lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
have a 77 everest with tilly HD148B632 replaced diaphragms once in life of sled have had other sleds with tillys and no serious problems these carbs been used for years

1 - 8 of 8 Posts