Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a triton 10' double trailer with salt shield and with sled off, the trailer won't stay tilted. I know I could carry around a cement block
but was wondering about those shock towers(like hatchbacks have) Fleet Farm has aftermarkets for $19. What would be the best way to mount one of these? Thanks guys and girls. Paul

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I would try and mount it in the center part of the frame and leave the bolts loose so when you tilt the shoch will expand and the bolts will allow the shock to pivot when you put the trailer down.     Sorry its hard to explain but it will work  

·
Registered
413 Posts
Just go to a junk yard and get them off of a hatchback minivan, they are the heaviest.  You can get the bolts and accessories, you don't have to worry about leaving the bolts loose, and you can probably get them for $5.  I have them but I haven't put them on yet.  My question is how to measure to make sure that they open and close proprely.  I guess you compress the shock, mark the holes and bolt them in.  Sounds easier said than done I'm sure.  
  Good Luck.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i just use a 1x3 about 4 feet long under the front of the trailer. works great and sits at the front of the trailer during transportation.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I bought the kit that's available, it was ~$30 and worth it as I didn't have to hunt for mounting hardware and came with instructions, works great too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I installed a shock kit from the local trailer guy on a 10' enclosed trailer for $20. The shock is about 10" and mounts from the tougue to an aluminum crossbeam. Keeps the trailer tilted in all temps with the cap up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts