Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'Day
I was looking for some advice or perhaps some direction with regard to the Timbersleds Mtn Tamer Rear Suspension Kits, here is the link http://www.timbersled.com/MtnTamer.htm

I was hoping that perhaps there may be some of you fellow riders out there that have this suspension modification on your sleds and can give me some relevant feedback about how they really perfom or do not perform on the Apex or RX 1 sleds.

I ride a 162 inch 998 cc Apex MTX 2009 model, I can't compalin as it is an awesome sled, but my only gripe is the weight and that is it is pretty heavy. I have looked at the timersled line up and see the rear mtn tamer suspension kit is a good way to reduce 30 ponds of weight, along with the aluminium drop out kits, which take out another 6 pounds. My concern here is that it may not be all that it says it is, as I do not know anyone who has done this conversion. All of my mates ride Yamahas, but all have the standard stock Yamaha suspension.

Any advice, thoughts or reviews that anyone may have I would much appreciate reading??

Regards
Jason in Hakuba Japan

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed the Timbersled Mtn. Tamer suspension on my 2008 Nytro MTX and highly recommend the product.

The new suspension and drop brackets cut over 38 lbs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts