Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Corey: i noticed when i am logged in and make a post the time and date are correct.
But if i log out and go to my post as a guest the time and date change from the time offset in my control panel.
ie ... i am -23 hour logged on to show the right time.
when i go in as a guest i  am 23 hour a head of the correct time of the post
why is that happening

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Quote from SKIDOOD, posted on Nov. 07 2001, 08:29am
Corey: i noticed when i am logged in and make a post the time and date are correct.
But if i log out and go to my post as a guest the time and date change from the time offset in my control panel.
ie ... i am -23 hour logged on to show the right time.
when i go in as a guest i am 23 hour a head of the correct time of the post
why is that happening

The thing to remember is that there are users here from all over the world. Many, many people are in different timezones that us.

To answer your question, when you are logged in, the system knows what you have set your timezone offest to. The system can then provide the correct time based on your settings.

When you logoff, you become a guest. The system can not adjust time settings for guests since it does not have any settings to go by.

I am not saying that the system may not have a bug or two concerning defaut time settings for guest, but this can be corrected by logging in and adjusting your timezone settings.

Thanks.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Corey,

The problem I have is that I am in Central time zone.  I had it set at 0 hours offset, and was wondering for the last week or so why the date was wrong.  then I read a post in this forum about the -23 hour offset for the server. So, I went to my control panel and changed my offset to the maximum allowed, -23.  Now I am on the right day, but the displayed time is still an hour ahead of my local time.  What I need is a -24 hour offset to get the displayed time and date equal to my local time.  It is not a big deal, I can handle the one hour conversion myself, but I figured I would report it FYI.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Yes! Me too....the best I can get is the right date but still an hour ahead....Those of us in central time need a -24 hour offset.

·
Registered
299 Posts
And, I am just guessing here, but it would seem that as you go further west across time zones, you would need a -25hr, -26hr, etc.  I am surprised more western riders haven't said anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts