Snowmobile World banner

Time To Start All Over

56K views 728 replies 7 participants last post by  ksmith185 
#1 ·
Is it just me or did we get cleared out Rick.

Came onto here and saw that everything is gone. I don't know if I replied to your last post or not Rick.

Thunder and lightning outside right now, most of it's North of us though. Probably get some rain before the night is over though. There's a few guys rolling in the fields now, we're going to haul grain out this week and get some more grain cleaned then hopefully next week we can give er hell.

Ryan

#2 ·
Guys I moved your threads to Chit Chat as the Local forums are edited then closed for the off season.

#4 ·

Hi Ryan well that's ok thing need to be cleaned they should have taken them right out taking up space....

Finished of with the training stuff again went well brought the students down here they did well too....this is it for a bit...

went with hap today and looked at some new tires for the Quad we will have them on soon Troy gave me a great deal on them....we where even talking about Rick's new Apex maybe for the fall .......lucky Claudette she will get the RX1....

we had another old timer out with us on Monday Hap & myself these old guys want to go Quading with us the one the other night said he had a blast & wants to know when we where going out again if we would stop in & get him he loved it...
Seen Dan today he said he has another buddy how wants to come it's old Roy the guy that bought my old EXT 550 then went to Texas & sold the 550 to Hap....Roy is 84 ...

Did you guys start seeding yet or still not dry enough....some guys are done here some of the bigger guys 3,000 to 4,000 are done some of the small guys have not even started...funny start around here has me thinking what's going on....

Hap bought a Quad with a popped engine for 600 today....I hope he gets it running soon.....

Ryan put some pictures of a truck on the chit chat section

Rick

#5 ·
Hi Rick, spent the first day out in the fields today. I went out and harrowed a couple of quarters, just getting them ready to seed. I was just about sitting once though. I came up to one hollow that didn't look to bad. When the front wheels hit though they pushed the mud out, almost like a wave in the water. I new I was in trouble then. I manage to get threw to the other side but then I powered out. I had it in the highest gear I could in the range that I was in. I did get down a gear too but it still wasn't quit enough. The front wheels were on dry land though so I started to rock it and it came a couple feet at a time. Finally at the end I was just about out so I gave er and got the heck out of there. I was a little more careful after that episode.

I know of one guy that bought a quad like that, only he paid allot more. He had allot of trouble keeping it going though. Hope Hap makes out okay with it.

I cheked out that troys website the other night, he didn't show any dirt bikes like what I'm after though. I imagine he had some there somewhere though.

Ryan

#6 ·

Hi Ryan sounds like you had lady luck on your side doing some field work....that would be no fun getting stuck no one around to help out just like winter roads....you need sat radio I got one for x-mas and have not even used it yet ....but I would have if I went on winter roads....

Got sick yesterday :blush: head cold body feels like I got ran over by a farm tractor and not a small one either and big one....they say it last for 10 days been drinking lot's of water though.....it's cool outside here so I will take it easy no Quad today maybe tomorrow...heehee

Will be interesting to see what Hap does with that Quad I hope it gets it running soon but I have my doubts...

Wow them tires are unreal where I would go though before in 4x4 and just make it I go in 2 wheel drive stop and go unreal..... I would not have thought tires would make that much of a difference but they do.....I need extensions on the fenders that why she gets unreal muddy it flies...

Troy does have dirt bikes there his web page is not up to date he even has water crafts....and Apex sleds too... :sly:

Rick

#7 ·
Yep, I got lucky that time. I was bitting my teeth for a little bit. Last Feb I bought a set of midland 2 way radios on ebay. I had it with me all day out in the field. Dad had the other one with him all the time. I was only a mile away from home so even if I had to walk it wouldn't have been to bad. Went out today again and did some more harrowing on the home quarter. Found a few soft spots there too, nothing as bad as the other one though.

Sounds like the exact same cold that I had last week. The worst of it was over in a couple of days but it hangs on for a while.

I kind of figured that he'd have them. Little dirt bike is working good for now again so the hunt is off for a little while unless I find a screaming good deal. Not a whole lot of extra money to spend right now anyways. I'm hoping this fall though.

Glad to hear them tires paid off. We need new tires on our quad too. Ours are wore pretty much right off now. Probably wont go all out though we don't have it out in mud much at all.

Ryan

#8 ·

That's good Ryan you have them radio's...

ya this cold sucks I have not been sick for some time but when I do I get sick it knocks me for a loop...

I was lookiing a some yesterday when I was there for the 3rd day in a row Ryan...

Yes them tires are unreal I would not have belived you if you told me it would make that much of a differance...

If you want my old ones you can have them they have just over 1,100 k on them they will sit around here and do nothing.... I will ship them cod you pay the shipping and and that it...

Rick

#9 ·
I've wanted to get my hands on a set of radios for a while now, but had never wanted to pay 100 bucks for a set. I found a set on ebay in feb that were on for a good deal so I figured what the heck. They come in handy and the auctions too. Makes it a little easier to find one another. They're not good for a real long distance but I'd say they're better then cb radios or at least the ones we used to have.

That's the same with me Rick, I don't get sick verry often either but when I do it hits me hard. It usually knocks me out for a couple of days any ways. Hope you get over it quick.

Ya must really like looking at them apexs ehh. :D It sounds like there's going to be one in the not to far future. All you need then is a Yamaha generator to go with it and you'll have it made.

I put a new mud tire on my dirt bike this spring and that sure made a difference too. I used to have one heck of a time getting around in the wet stuff no I've got no problems up to a point. A little traction goes a long ways.

Wow Rick, that's one heck of a offer. Do you know what size they are? I think our Honda has kind of a odd ball size on it. We'd have to give you something for them though they still have to be worth something. :thumbsup: :)

Ryan

#10 ·

ebay has everything Ryan have they changed though...yes the auction what a great idea Ryan....

yes sick sucks have not done much from Friday on just drink lot's of water sleep watch hockey play on the computer....little better this morning still taking it easy though...

Yes Ryan I sure would like one just because....but who knows what will happen...that to funny I was looking at a Yamaha gen set to have around here if the power goes out in the winter to run the woodstove cold air fan water pump...etc stove did quite leaking going to have a look...

I want nothing for them... if they will fit then find a place that will deliverer them to P.A. and there yours...on the other post the spec on the tires are there Ryan...

Rick

#11 ·
Feeling any better yet? Maybe good enough for a little quad ride threw the mud. :D

We had a traveling salseman stop in here the other day. He was from eagle power tools. They sell generators and other things. They had a special on, on generators. I think it was a 6500 watt gas generator for $2,000 I don't know what they are new, but he said it was a heck of a deal. :huh:

It's to bad them tires wouldn't have fit, I think we could have gotten them here fairly reasonalble too. Oh well. Maybe you can make a few bucks on them out here some how. maybe hap needs a new set for his big new quad. :D

Ryan

#12 ·

Yes still a little under the weather but getting better Ryan..

Punch eagle power tools into the net Ryan if you have the model number ......I remember Glen bought some cheep I looked them up he saved allot can't remember the exacted price but Glen made lot's selling them after...

Hap Quad I don't think they will fit I know they won't...

I said to Hap the other day :hallo1: Hap you better get cracking on that EXT 550 Special remember he blew a piston....Quad I hope it gets it ready soon but..../.. :hallo1:

Rick

#13 ·
Wholly crap, hap still don't have that 550 fixed yet. :eek:hmy: He should've had that done last winter.

Glad to hear that your getting better. It's been 2 weeks now that I've had mine. I'm prety much over it know but I can still feel it in my chest.

Here's a link to the website, I see the 6500 watt gas generator is sold out now and the price has gone up. The diesel isin't to bad though.

eagle power tools

Ryan

#14 ·

no he does not Ryan I told him winter will be here soon and it won't be sick....yes he should have had it down right after it happened...

I still have it in the chest too ...I here it last for 10 days plus....

Yes same web site when Glen bought his had a welder on it though and on the page it went for 4 plus...

Rick

#15 ·
Hi Rick, pretty well over mine completely now.

Had some pretty good lightning here last night, from about 7:00 on threw till midnight. Few good cracks. I went out with my camera for a few minutes but I didn't get any good shots at all this time.

Those guys sure have a pile of stuff for sale on that sight. I wonder if it's any good though or just some knock off stuff.

Ryan

#16 ·

Starting to get better too.....hanging on though ....Claudette has it now....mad at me look what you gave ....my response well dear it's a gift from me to you...joke

Michael is out today he on the Quad right now riding around in the mud....winding as hell around here..

going to cut the grass today have fire works for Sunday night going to make a fire pit for Sunday night...

Rick

#17 ·
I got it from dad, mom never ended up with it though. To bad that Claudette got stuck with it.

Rained a little bit overnight,windy as ol hell out right now. Doesn't look verry nice out either. They say tomorow is suposed to be better though.

Sounds like ya got er all planed out. Around here we'll be in the field again I imagine. It's funny, as long as I can remember we've never had a good may long weekend. It's always raining or snowing or just plain cold. We're right around a 1/4 done now, I'm hoping by the end of the week to be wraping things up but who know if it starts raining we might not even get out there till the end of the week. I picked up some Canola seed the other day, 9 bags of it. That's 450 lbs 7.5 bushels of the stuff. The bill came to $2565. It's crazzy what they're charing for the stuff. When you sell it you get $6 a bushel.

My one brother was going to come home but he decided that if we were going to be out in the field there would be no point. I guess he was scared we'd put him to work. :D

Ryan

#18 ·

Ya that sucks Claudette has it now I have to cook was dishes take care of her....wow this sucks...heeheehee

yes it's a little soon to expected some good weather for may long eh...hey that's great 1/4 done .....yes some guys aren't even seeding because of the prices they are renting it out...

yes some people don't like that word work it's like kicking them in the b8lls...

Rick

#19 ·
Hi Rick, been busy in the fields the last few days now. But we got rained out last night. We made a trip in for parts today and just kind of rested up. We're about 3/4 done now and have about 300 ac to go. In the last 6 days we've gone over about 800 ac. Another 3 days and we could've had it all wraped up for the year. It's raining out a little bit right now again so who knows when we'll get back at it again.

My brothers not scared of work at all, if anything he's a worka holic. I was just kind of joking when I said that. He'd sooner come home when we're not seeding so he can actually visit with us. There's a few people around here who don't like that word though.

Ryan

#20 ·

That's good Ryan you will be done soon lot's of the guys around here are getting close to done or done...but she sure is getting dry boy don't think it's rained in some time .....

I was not Ryan there are some people that just don't like the word work...but I do believe you about your brother anybody or just about anybody that comes of a farm do no how to work that's for sure....ok I now which ones you are talking about....heeheehee

Rick

#21 ·
Hi Rick, just got back in from the field about 10 minutes ago. Today was the longest day we've put in this year. We went out on my land that I rent on the reserve today. We've got fertilizer down on it now we just have to get it all seeded in tomorow hopefully. It's all clouded over right now though and there's lots of thunder and lighting around. It looks like we could be in for some more rain. We got 3/8 of a " the other day. Some places around here got as much as 4" and others were right around 2" we were happy that we didn't get any of that.

Sadly I know a few farmers that aren't all to ambitious. There off to coffe row first thing in the morning and back again in the afternoon. Don't matter if there's work to do they have to go and get the lattest gossip. I imagine you've had your fair share of them around you over the years, seems they never get to far in life though.

Ryan

#22 ·

Sounds like it's going well Ryan what are you guys planting this year....

you must have sent that rain this way boy did it rain about 4 am that's why I'm up it rained so hard I had to watch it...with a coffee....just love that fresh smell from the rain...

yep we do have a few farmers like that but they do come in all types of people not only farmers....

Boy Hap has been real busy putting pumps on big rig to go west pumping crude oil....more people heading west...

I hope to get out for a ride this weekend....will see though

Rick

#23 ·
Hey guys hows it going? Been really busy lately working like a mad man. 60+ hour weeks so were going hard. Not to much doing lately just work and sleep and thats about it. The little blonde was down last week but she was kinda in a pissy mood the whole time so what do you do? I think she getting into the drug seen out there; her friends were complaining that all the guys there just wanna snort coke and crap so I wouldn't doubt that shes into it just hows she acting lately. Cause in the last year shes been getting worse and now in the last 6 months she seems mad and cranky all the time so who knows? Her brother is moving back home here and I got him a job finishing concrete so he's all pumped about that. He'll be working for summitt and there a really good bunch of guys and there going to pay him as much as he was making out there like $18 an hour or something so hes really happy to be back home. Home hard ware is coming out and there putting up my garage so thats pretty cool. There doing that today. Its 24x30 with 2x6 walls and a 10 foot high ceiling. We poured the concrete last Friday and we colored it a lattee brown. It looks pretty good. Then I ran a light very light broom over it and it looks awsome. So thats all I've been up to lately and tomorrow were going to go paintballing. There is about 10 of us who have our own guns and my sister is renting 16 guns but there not semi automatic so that kinda sucks for them haha. So we should have a really good time if we don't get rained out. So what have you guys been doing lately? Take it easy and will try to keep in touch. I don't know if I told you but my brother flew over his handle bars and broke his wrist hes still off work and he had to go in for surgery and stuff and get pins put in his wrist so thats no good. So now hes planning on selling his bike but he has to put a charge coil into it first. Well I'll let you guys go and I better get back to work so have a good one and will talk to you later.

#24 ·
We got rained out again yesterday, went out all set to go and broke the air seeder down. By the time we got it all fixed up it was pooring down rain again. Still verry wet around here but we might try it again tomorow afternoon.

We're seeding Canola Flax Oats and Canary Seed this year. No wheat or barley so far. Dad might put in a few acreas of wheat when I get my land all in.

Sure are lots of guys heading out west. It's funny though Ab is starting to come here now to build up and manufacture things. There's a new plant coming into Melfort from Ab. Cheap labour here and the property to build is so much cheaper. I'm hoping to see more of this, it would sure help our economy.

Hi Jordan, good to hear from ya. I can only imagine how busy you guys are down there now. Lots of new buildings coming up around Saskatoon now I see. I was down there today for a little while. It was raning and wet so we took off to PBR auctions this morning. Dad bought two 5 gal pails of paint. That's all that we got.
That's to bad about the blonde, seesm like that stuff is a common problem out there. Everyones making lots of money and have nothing to spend it on.

Glad to hear you got your new garage up now. It'll sure come in handy to work on everything. All you need now is heat and a hoist.

That's to bad about your brother, hope he gets over it and heals up good.

Just been busy in the field here the last little while, haven't had the sawmill going in a while now. Had my bike out for a few little rides. Nothing majour though, I haven't had time for that at all.

Ryan

#25 ·

We needed the rain she was dry...

Yes I here ya Ryan ab showing up ....I hearing rumours that Sask has lot's of oil as much as Alberta or more ....wait and see I guess hope it's true then look out...

but that what killing us is the price of gas,fuel etc..everything going up because of this...parts etc ...

Ya that nasty poop that crack or coke just nasty bad....screw you right up out of control...I have had a few buds on that poop not good...lost it all...sad..

Rick

#26 ·
Well, it can stop raining any time now. Any more rain and I'm going to have to build a ark just to get back out to the equipment. :bash: :bash. I don't know when we'll get back in the fields to finish up. I didn't mind the first little bit but now we are over 2". Some places are pushing close to 6" by now I'm sure. Guess we wont be at the auction in Roblin at all Rick. If we get the chance we'll be seeding again.IF....

Lots of people say that Sk. has more oil especially up North in the tar sands. Bigest set back here is a guy by the Name of Laren Calvert. The leader of the NDP party. He's a preacher turned politician. Must not have been a very good preacher cause he sure lyes allot.

Fuel is something that hurts everyone in some way. Just about everything that we use today is brought in by trucks. They have to put thier prices up to offset the price of fuel that in turn gets pased on threw the chain. I really do think that if fuel goes higher our economy will take a turn for the worse. The energy sector will love it up till the point till people start buying fuel then they'll start to cry too.

Crystal Meth is becoming a very big problem around here too, that's some real nasty stuff from what I understand. I've got no interest of going anywhere near any of that stuff so you guys don't have to worry about me. :D

Ryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.