Snowmobile World banner

21 - 40 of 727 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi Rick, just got back in from the field about 10 minutes ago. Today was the longest day we've put in this year. We went out on my land that I rent on the reserve today. We've got fertilizer down on it now we just have to get it all seeded in tomorow hopefully. It's all clouded over right now though and there's lots of thunder and lighting around. It looks like we could be in for some more rain. We got 3/8 of a " the other day. Some places around here got as much as 4" and others were right around 2" we were happy that we didn't get any of that.

Sadly I know a few farmers that aren't all to ambitious. There off to coffe row first thing in the morning and back again in the afternoon. Don't matter if there's work to do they have to go and get the lattest gossip. I imagine you've had your fair share of them around you over the years, seems they never get to far in life though.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

Sounds like it's going well Ryan what are you guys planting this year....

you must have sent that rain this way boy did it rain about 4 am that's why I'm up it rained so hard I had to watch it...with a coffee....just love that fresh smell from the rain...

yep we do have a few farmers like that but they do come in all types of people not only farmers....

Boy Hap has been real busy putting pumps on big rig to go west pumping crude oil....more people heading west...

I hope to get out for a ride this weekend....will see though

Rick

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey guys hows it going? Been really busy lately working like a mad man. 60+ hour weeks so were going hard. Not to much doing lately just work and sleep and thats about it. The little blonde was down last week but she was kinda in a pissy mood the whole time so what do you do? I think she getting into the drug seen out there; her friends were complaining that all the guys there just wanna snort coke and crap so I wouldn't doubt that shes into it just hows she acting lately. Cause in the last year shes been getting worse and now in the last 6 months she seems mad and cranky all the time so who knows? Her brother is moving back home here and I got him a job finishing concrete so he's all pumped about that. He'll be working for summitt and there a really good bunch of guys and there going to pay him as much as he was making out there like $18 an hour or something so hes really happy to be back home. Home hard ware is coming out and there putting up my garage so thats pretty cool. There doing that today. Its 24x30 with 2x6 walls and a 10 foot high ceiling. We poured the concrete last Friday and we colored it a lattee brown. It looks pretty good. Then I ran a light very light broom over it and it looks awsome. So thats all I've been up to lately and tomorrow were going to go paintballing. There is about 10 of us who have our own guns and my sister is renting 16 guns but there not semi automatic so that kinda sucks for them haha. So we should have a really good time if we don't get rained out. So what have you guys been doing lately? Take it easy and will try to keep in touch. I don't know if I told you but my brother flew over his handle bars and broke his wrist hes still off work and he had to go in for surgery and stuff and get pins put in his wrist so thats no good. So now hes planning on selling his bike but he has to put a charge coil into it first. Well I'll let you guys go and I better get back to work so have a good one and will talk to you later.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
We got rained out again yesterday, went out all set to go and broke the air seeder down. By the time we got it all fixed up it was pooring down rain again. Still verry wet around here but we might try it again tomorow afternoon.

We're seeding Canola Flax Oats and Canary Seed this year. No wheat or barley so far. Dad might put in a few acreas of wheat when I get my land all in.

Sure are lots of guys heading out west. It's funny though Ab is starting to come here now to build up and manufacture things. There's a new plant coming into Melfort from Ab. Cheap labour here and the property to build is so much cheaper. I'm hoping to see more of this, it would sure help our economy.

Hi Jordan, good to hear from ya. I can only imagine how busy you guys are down there now. Lots of new buildings coming up around Saskatoon now I see. I was down there today for a little while. It was raning and wet so we took off to PBR auctions this morning. Dad bought two 5 gal pails of paint. That's all that we got.
That's to bad about the blonde, seesm like that stuff is a common problem out there. Everyones making lots of money and have nothing to spend it on.

Glad to hear you got your new garage up now. It'll sure come in handy to work on everything. All you need now is heat and a hoist.

That's to bad about your brother, hope he gets over it and heals up good.

Just been busy in the field here the last little while, haven't had the sawmill going in a while now. Had my bike out for a few little rides. Nothing majour though, I haven't had time for that at all.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

We needed the rain she was dry...

Yes I here ya Ryan ab showing up ....I hearing rumours that Sask has lot's of oil as much as Alberta or more ....wait and see I guess hope it's true then look out...

but that what killing us is the price of gas,fuel etc..everything going up because of this...parts etc ...

Ya that nasty poop that crack or coke just nasty bad....screw you right up out of control...I have had a few buds on that poop not good...lost it all...sad..

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well, it can stop raining any time now. Any more rain and I'm going to have to build a ark just to get back out to the equipment. :bash: :bash. I don't know when we'll get back in the fields to finish up. I didn't mind the first little bit but now we are over 2". Some places are pushing close to 6" by now I'm sure. Guess we wont be at the auction in Roblin at all Rick. If we get the chance we'll be seeding again.IF....

Lots of people say that Sk. has more oil especially up North in the tar sands. Bigest set back here is a guy by the Name of Laren Calvert. The leader of the NDP party. He's a preacher turned politician. Must not have been a very good preacher cause he sure lyes allot.

Fuel is something that hurts everyone in some way. Just about everything that we use today is brought in by trucks. They have to put thier prices up to offset the price of fuel that in turn gets pased on threw the chain. I really do think that if fuel goes higher our economy will take a turn for the worse. The energy sector will love it up till the point till people start buying fuel then they'll start to cry too.

Crystal Meth is becoming a very big problem around here too, that's some real nasty stuff from what I understand. I've got no interest of going anywhere near any of that stuff so you guys don't have to worry about me. :D

Ryan

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey guys the worst news possible when they went to put up my garage it was out of square so Im hooped. Now I got a cut the pad and add onto the back. Buddy couldn't believe he did it but he said he would pay to fix it since I paid him already. I told him I would pay for the half a meter of concrete since I gota still pour my drive way. I was pretty upset at the time but what do you do. Hes a good guy and it was an honest mistake. So now my garage is a little behind schedule.

On the bright side I have decided to buy a quad. I think Im going to get a Yamaha blaster. Should be a fun little sporty quad. All my buddies are buying racing quads like raptors and banshees so I think I'll pick up a blaster. My buddy is saying a used 03 is going for about 1500 in alberta so hes going to keep his eye open up there for me. Well will talk to you later.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hi Jordan, that really sucks about your garage. Hope you get er all fixed up so you can use it. Have you decided on what your going to use for heat yet? Or is that going to be a future project.

Good to hear that yer buying a quad, are you giving up on your dirt bike? I'm looking at buying a quad this fall posibly. Either that or I'm going to buy another dirt bike except newer this time.

Ryan

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'll still keep my dirtbike and I think Im going to by a couple of those yamaha blasters.

My garage pad is all preped now ready for more concrete. We also got the driveway all ready as well last night. Now we just have to tie the rebar but that will only take 15 mins so if it doesn't rain anymore I think will have to try and pour it today so those guys can get back out here and put up the garage. Im going with 1/4" exposed for my driveway. Well thats all I know for now and I'll keep you guys posted on how all the concrete is coming along.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well I had some luck after all. Poured my concrete last night and the rain stayed away. The concrete looks magnificant. I couldn't of hoped for a nicer finish on the exposed. Maybe tonight I'll take some pictures and post them so you guys can see what im doing. Well should get back to work so talk to you later.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

Well did it stop raining Ryan....it did here and we have heat too,,,I set my rain gauge up the other day and cut the grass today...

Laren Calvert say no more :lmao:

Meth is to nasty they should just shoot the buggers that make it and ask no questions....

Yes that does suck sorry to here about your problem with your garage Jordan...Quad are good ....

good Jordan about your garage glad it worked out for ya...

Hot here today boy tomorrow going up to 30 need snow...

Rick

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey guys finally got the pictures off my camera so here are some of the concrete pics. I'll make sure I post the pics of the garage when it gets built. Sounds like Monday or Tuesday they'll be coming out to put the rest of it up. Have a good day and will talk to you later.

More pics!

Yah this will sure help to clean up the yard. You can see in the one pic the grey concrete at the end thats how far out of square it was. Then theres the picture of the exposed concrete and thats going to be my driveway. The rest is just of the light broom finish and then the wall is in the background there. Have fun guys and will talk to you later.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hi Rick, it did stop raining for a few days. We got enough time to get the rest of the crop in and wrap things up in the fields. The last 90 ac. we did were on our wetest field, and boy was it wet. I went in and harrowed it first before dad seeded it. The tires were slipping pretty well the whole time I was in there. Couple of spots I didn't know if I was going to make it threw to the other side. One spot I had to cross about a 40' run with water in it to get to the other side. I got threw but the mud flew for a little while. We made it threw the season without getting either of the tractors stuck though so I figure we done pretty good.

Spent the last couple of days resting up a little and getting some things done around the yard. I started cutting the grass last night for the first time this year. Yes I know I'm a little behind. :D We don't have a riding mower any more and all I've got is mulching push mower. Still looks a lilttle rough but it's allot better then what it was. There's a few spots that I'm going to cut with our self propelled swather. Mulching mowers don't work very good in 2' grass. :( I'm not done the whole yard yet but I got a good start on it. It rained again a little here this morning so that'll have to wait for a while. By the time I get the rest of the yard done it'll be time to start over agian anyways. :( :bash:

Hi Jordan, looks good. One question though, how come you went over it with the broom? Little extra traction or just for the appearance? Wont it be kind of hard to keep clean that way? Hope the rest of it goes up flawlasly for ya.

Ryan

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yepper we did it for traction. When the snow blows in on finished concrete it seems to slippery and your always falling. Then when antifreeze and stuff spills makes it crazy. Once you put a sealer on this its easy to clean. People think that its hard to sweep but its not. I really prefer it but not everyone does. They think its like a corn broom finish or something. Well gotta get back to work talk to you later.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks for the answer. Kind of figured that was the reason but I didn't know for sure. Will keep it in mind when I build my garage.

Here's a couple of pictures for you guys that my mom took the other day. I'm on the harrows and dad's on the air seeder.

[attachmentid=28357] [attachmentid=28358]

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Those some nice tractors you got there.
Well yesterday I drove down to Davidson and picked up that yamaha blaster. Its not a bad quad. Its snappier than what I thought it would be. Theo only difference between this one and mine is that there is no hand guards on mine. Well will talk to later have fun.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

Some great pictures Jordan keep them coming... :D

Ryan it's been raining here then it gets hot then it rains...glad to here you have the crop in :D ...you just like to play in the water don't you :D ....I've cut the grass 3 times now but it's more important for you guys to get that crop in then cutting the grass...

Great pictures Ryan how many acres did you guys do :D

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Thanks Jordan. It's slightly older equipment but we look after it and it still gets the job done.

Got any pictures of the new toy?

Hi Rick,Thanks. We went over about 1200 ac. this spring. We could've been done in just a little over a week but that rain hit and bugered us up. Cost us a extra week of waiting. Crops are up nice now though and are looking good so far.

Same thing here Rick. Sunny and hot today but suposed to rain tomorow. :crazy:

Only if I don't get stuck. It's one thing to get a quad stuck but it's no fun trying to pull out either one of those tractors. I know from experience. John Deeres only ever been stuck once and it was me that did it. I cut to wide on a corner while swathing and ended up in a mud hole. I didn't want to miss the little bit on the corner but would've been much better off if I had. That was a real wet fall though so I've got a good excuse. :D

The crop takes priority over pretty much everything else around here. Including ourselves too. Put in some pretty long days this spring.

We're getting caught up on everything now though. We went down this afternoon and put in another culvert at the sawmill. Went threw first with the V ditcher but that didn't get it down deep enough so I went in with the skidder and did some more digging. I finished it off with the skidsteer. I'm still not done sloping everything yet but it's getting there.

Ryan

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yah Ryan I got a couple of pics but there on my camera and my computer at home is acting up. Its full of that dumb spyware! Oh well. Yah yesterday when I got home from work the guys had all the walls on my garage up and the plywood was on as well. The truss's were also up so I was happy to see that. I also have the pics on the computer as well so hopefully tonight I can get it to work. Well gotta get back to work talk to you later.

·
Registered
140 Posts
It says I can't post any more pics cause my global limit is to much or something so Im going to try to remove the old pictures and see if I can add new ones tonight when I get home. Do you guys have any other suggestions?

Darn I removed the old pics and it still wont let me add any new pics argh!

21 - 40 of 727 Posts