Snowmobile World banner

41 - 60 of 727 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

That's a few a.c. yes the crops are looking real good here too...cool out right now...but we have had some hot days which is good to get the crops going with some rain at night...just about right for them crops I think...they have done there spraying too..

Stuck that's why you need that D-7 Ryan so you can pull the tractor apart...joke... :lmao: :lmao:

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hi Rick, we could've gone over a few more without much trouble but we've decided for now to stay smaller and wait and see what happens this fall. Some guys have nothing to lose and are going all out. We've got to much to lose to start playing those games. Plus I don't like to owe that much money.

Crops are doing good but they need to be sprayed real quick. The weeds really came with that rain and heat that we got. But now it's raining again here so we have to wait.

There's been a few machines wrecked doing that this year I'm sure.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

We need some rain for the crops they are coming along real good I've been all over looking at them in my travels...

I remember a number of years ago we had a real wet fall at harvest time and everything was stuck & they had cat's out pulling them tractors & combines out and it was not to good what happened...

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Hi Rick, we've got enough moisture now to probably do us threw till the middle of July. Unless it gets real hot out. Water is running in places like it was back in the spring. We've had 1.5" now this last go around again.

Combines are the worst things to get stuck I think. There's nothing to hook onto on the back end.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

Wow not here we have had just some 2/10 th that's it....going to be hot tomorrow 28 they say...

Yes your right Ryan they are not fun to pull apart I mean pull out when they get stuck....

thinking of going to a sale tomorrow morning 04 Grizzly in it...wow did you see Michener Allen sale in Calgary June 24 if not take a look...you might want to go..

Went look fishing boat today Ryan
[attachmentid=28404]
[attachmentid=28405]

Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
She's soaked up real good here now. The water was starting to run again into the creeks and all over. Slews are just about full again now.

Haven't seen the aucition flyer yet at all, might have to check it out. Farm progress show is on next week in Regina so we might go to that and see what's there. Lots of equipment to see some older stuff too.

Looks like a first class boat there.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

Sounds like you guys need what we have here sun & heat right now....we need some rain just a little though...boy thr crop are looking unreal I hope it works out for the guys this year....if I get a chance I will snap a few pic's for ya Ryan...

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Well, we got another 1" of rain yesterday. Just cant seem to get any sunny weather here the last couple of weeks. It's Cloudy with sunny periods today but suposed to rain again tomorow. Might go into Saskatoon Tomorow again. There's a big CNC Milling machine there we might pick up and hall home. We have to take the Semi to get it though it's to big to haul with the ol doge and the goose neck.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

Wow cnc what are you guys up to going into the building parts now....sounds like fun your bother will make that machine dance I bet....

weather here has been good with some rain but not enough we will be needing more soon ....been hot out too Ryan...

take a few pic's of the cnc machine would like to show Hap...

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Hi Rick, might not be picking it up after all. Got the specks off of it today and we don't know if our gen set will handle it. It's actually a machine that my brother has spent quit a few hours on so he knows it inside and out. Literally. He's had it apart and fixed it up before. Thier $300,000 cnc lathe got smashed up a few weeks ago. A guy started up the machine and fed the tooling straight into the chuck. It tore the jig wright off and bugered up a bunch of stuff. He was the one that got that job too, took 3 weeks to get it back to what it was before. After he got it fixed up it was out 60 thousands of a ". Finally got it back down to within reason now though.

Had some rain last night and and the day before yesterday we had rain. Managed to spray yesterday and this afternoon. We've got 70 or so ac. of wheat left and we'll be all done. It looks like rain out now though so we shut er down for the day.

Had a real hard time spraying yesterday. We'd had a 1" of rain the day before and everything was all muddy when I went out there. I just about got stuck going up a hill. That's how bad it was. Managed to get stuck 4 times yesterday. I got threw today without getting stuck once though. Went threw some pretty wet spots too. :D

If we get it I'll make sure to get you a few pictures for hap. There's one picture on thier website of it but it's not a real good one. I'll email you a link to it.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

Well did you guys pick it up ...boy think of the stuff your brother could build for you guys .....even teach you how to do it yourself...

send that rain south east next time we need about a inch or two...we have had good sun and heat too....

some of the guys around here are still spraying most are done though...lot's are haying now..

thanks for the link looks great...did you get it....

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Hi Rick, I think we're going down for it Sunday. My Brother my dad and I are going to go in Sunday afternoon and get it ready to move. It's still in production right now. There's a bunch of splash shields and things like that to take off. We're going in tomorow to pick up a low boy to haul it. We could haul it on our high boy but it would be geting up in the air pretty high. It's a good 10' tall and 9' wide. Going to take lots of pictures before we take it apart. That way I've got something to go by when we go to put it back together. That probably wont be untill fall though. My other brother is a electrician so he's going to come and wire it up for us.

Managed to get a couple of days with some sun shine. We got poured down on yesterday though. We weren't home but you could tell just by looking at the ground. Spent the day at the auction yesterday. Met up with Red Tracks and talked with him for a while. They got 8" of rain Tuesday night. He said it's a complete right off down there now. That's only about 40 miles away as the crow flies. Little to close for comfort. We've got another 80 or so ac. of wheat to do yet and we're all done spraying. There's no real big hurry with it, it's the last we seeded and it wouldn't hurt it to let it grow a little.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

good show Ryan on the cnc get some pic's when you have it loaded...ya you guys have all the angles covered..

8 inches in one rain fall wow that sounds like us last year eh to bad....and it still rainnig here we need it..

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Hi Rick, I'm at my brothers right now. Went to get the milling machine set up to move and the power was out so we didn't get much done at all. Guess it'll get done tomorow morning.

Good to hear that you guys are getting some needed rain. Too much around here still. Went a couple of days though with out rain so I'm hoping that it's going to dry up some.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Hope you get some pictures Ryan....we still need some more rain here she is still dry I guess it's will come soon or there will be problems...we need about a 1".5" slow and easy...please.

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Hi Rick, safe and sound back home again. Got home around 8:40 last night. Managed to get the milling machine unloaded today. Don't wory I've got a few pictures for you. Not toninght though, time to go and sleep. Been a couple of crazy days around here the last little while. I'll try to get some pictures and the story on here tomorow night.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Well, I'll try and get a few pictures on here for ya tonight Rick. Can't seem to get into the house before 10:00 lately. Cut all the grass today again. It's turned into a once a week thing now with all of this heat. Used to cut it 2 or maybe 3 times a month. Stuffs sure growing now.

Here's a picture of the milling machine before everything was stripped off of it.

[attachmentid=28481]

Here's one of me and my brother steering it out. I'm on the left my brother is the other one in coveralls steering it. [attachmentid=28482]

Here's one of me unloading it with the Volvo. I had a awful hard time geting it to lift it. It's teribly heavy that machine. I had to get a little creative when I was lifting it to get it to lift it up. I couldn't lift it straight up with the lift cylenders, I had to use the tilt cylender to bring it up enough to clear the trailer. When I got it off I was toped out on the lift cylenders and just barely cleared the trailer. Little scarey moving it around. When I turned the back end of the Volvo it just kind of slid threw the air. [attachmentid=28483]

Got a few more but nothing extra special. Time to go to bed again anyways.

Ryan

Attachments

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

Great news Ryan great pictures too.....have to show Hap them....boy you guys will be able to build anything now..the Volvo sure is nice to have to unload the cnc eh....who truck is it yours .....what breed is it...

sounds like the crops are going to take off for you guys now boy they sure do look great here we do still need some rain though...

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Hi Rick, could be a bad storm headed your way. It went threw this afternoon headed soth east. We were just on the edge of it here. Luckily we didn't get any hail or anything. There was a chance for it though. The way the heat has been the last few days it wouldn't have surprised me. It was up to 31 C today again. Suposed to cool off a little the rest of the week though. Highs of around 25-27. That should be allright.

Just got to get it all set up and learn how to use it now. That's going to be the hard part. Sure am looking forward to getting it going though. We might have to build a new shop for it though. maybe I can get my shop built quicker then I thought.

The semi is ours, it's a 9370 International. It's a 1987 with 830,000 kms on it. We've owned it since 1992. It's still a really good truck. 3406 B Cat engine in it.

Here's a picture that I took of my Canola crop the other day when I was out there. It was taken from the road along my crop.

[attachmentid=28489]

Ryan

Attachments

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

Darm we got some rain but only enough to stop the dust for 5 min Ryan...it's been very hot here 30 too....how's the fires up your way they are getting bad up north she is very dry here when we where out riding yesterday I said boy I hope we don't get any fire going down here because it will run wild we are to dry.

once you get going you will be building all kind of neat thing Ryan....looks like a nice truck 3406 you can't beat that that is the best engine made by cat they run like the bunny rabbit...

I will try to get some pictures for ya Ryan of the crops around here...

hope you had a great Canada Day Ryan

Rick

41 - 60 of 727 Posts