Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you'll think about Timing Keys? Anyone have one? If you have them, do u notice a difference? Do they hurt the engine alot?

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
what is a timing key ? what is it supposed to do ? obviously i don't know what one is.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
An offset key advances the engine timing. the most common key is a plus 3......you will notice the difference but you run the risk of detonation if your fuel quality is not premium. even if you buy premium fuel from the pump sometimes it sits around and its down in octain (one point lost per week). Like I said a key is okay if you have good fuel all the time.

·
Registered
310 Posts
You dont lose one point per week do you??

·
Registered
48 Posts
NO you dont , If that were the case the people that leave there gas in year around with stabalizer would not be able to start there sled becauce the octane would be to low to run. We racers dont change gas from week end to another becausf of octane loss .

·
Registered
310 Posts
OK, didnt think so, but just checking.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
This dude at a performance shop told me that you will lose 1 point a week when fuel sits. It makes sence to me..........if you let fuel sit around it turns green and does go bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts