Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need to use sunglasses or a tinted lense for my helmet this year. I'm somewhat sensitive to light, and with the sun reflecting off all the snow and into my face, it's quite unpleasant. I tried wearing sunglasses but they fogged up before I was done buckling my helmet. I want suggestions from others that either wear glasses or have tinted lenses. I've seen some masks that help divert your breath, but I'd really rather not wear anything like that. I like a lot of air... as it is I leave the lense cracked a half inch so I can get more air. This leaves the lense itself. If I get a tinted lense, I'd like it to be one that is independant to the clear lense so that if I wind up out after dark, I can still see what the heck I'm doing.

Anyway, any suggestions would be great. I've seen some helmets with the tinted lense integrated (the ski doo helmet comes to mind) but I'm not sure that I'm prepared to pay $300 for a helmet. Mine's only a year old! SWRules

Last edited by phazerhater at Oct 10 2002, 07:16 PM

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
If you go to a motorcycle store you can get a lens that goes over top of your clear lens.It is held on by velcro.I think they are about $20.00 canuckbucks :)

·
1,327 Posts
Hey Jim,

LadyK is right on as usual.

I have one for my HJC LS-AIR 5.

It attached with 2 hi strength velcro tabs on either corner of the lense and it works awesome.

I have the daylight orange one and it make everything much easier to see.

I works the best in the late afternoon or flat light conditions when you start losing depth perception.

I got mine at royaldistributing.com in the helmet section.

DP

·
Registered
110 Posts
that's a good idea ladyK. Thanx for asking that question Jim. I think I am going to pic one of them up aswell.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I have two shields for my helmet. One that is a dark mirrored lense for day riding, and then I bring my other clear lens along if I plan to be out past dark. The lens is small enough to fit in the seat trunk.
LadyK's idea is great though! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
i never really used a tinted lense before i got my modular, now i see how important it is, i dont have to squish my eyes anymore. I think a tinted lense should be a standard on every helmet security wise. If i dont get my wife a mod this winter i will sur look into your solution ladyk!

·
Registered
176 Posts
this is what i was going to try polar-optics has a web sight were they have removable polarized lenses. anyone hear or try these. i think they started for street bikes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts