Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
200/350 spring px ramps,( or goodwin GP2's, same ramp less $$&#036
18.5 gr pins and a HRP 48/44 black Ice helix with the beige spring in B-6. Ive sold hundreds of kits using this setup and have yet to have 1 complaint. Ask around on the net for a referral,there are many users who were or are still running this setup.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello TT!  I don't know if you remember me but I got your set up for a 98fz670 off of trailconditions.  From what I hear this is awesome but I still can't get mine to pull real hard.  I used the 200/350 spring (pink green?) 18.5 pins, px skidoo ramps I got from a local racer. and a hrp 48/44 black ice set around 17-18.  Could never get the rpms down.  I finally went to 20.5 grams and clicker on 6 to get the rpms down to 7800.  Still it seems revvy.  (Awesome backshift)  Funner than heck on the trails but I still get whipped now by an old 99 cat 700.  Never when stock.  Only other things I've done is 50 pilot jets, 1 step lower on the mains, and a 501 carbon fiber intake.  Have any ideas?  Could I have put something in wrong?  Thanks for all the help!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh I didn't see that the hrp should be set at b6.  Which one is the "6".  Nothing is marked.  I measured with a fish scale at around 17-18 lbs.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
what clutch set-up's are you guy's using?
I have tried a few different combo's
286 or 295 ramps  
290 to 350 springs
52 helix
Lets hear what you are dooing to you clutches good or bad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
297 ramps, 18 gr pins, 200/320, clicker on 2, 26/42 gears, straight 50 cam, goodwin blue at c-6, 43 5/8 belt length.
My hands hurt after a days riding from hanging on! Just spent 2 days on my '98 670 with stock clutching and it was like riding a 440 after getting off the HO.

·
Registered
668 Posts
jasonn-

the hole that is clossest to the HRP letters scribed in the helix is hole #1.

also, you mentioned you have a problem with your rpms being too high.  Why are you using clicker #6?  If you want your rpms to come down then go to a lower number.  Every number down is about 200 rpms lower, and every number up is about 200 rpms higher.  

Maybe i misunderstood your post, but it seems to me you have it backwards?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts