Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read so many different things about changing a renegade track from a 1.25 to a 1.75 and wanted to see if I could dig up some more info. Some say to drop 2 teeth and some say to put wahls extroverts on it and even some say both :dazed:

I am going to get a cudney clutch kit so is the best option to drop 2 teeth and walk away?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Since you'll be running a 1.75" track, I'd put some 9 tooth extro's in...kills 2 birds with one stone. That way you'll be able to run your track loose and not worry about racheting, and by going with a 9 tooth extro it will reduce you're gearing slightly. I'd install that setup and then test when snow hits, and if you think you need to adjust gearing, then open up the chaincase. :wink:

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I'm running 10 tooth Summit extros and a 19t top gear. It pulls a ton of low end with lots of torgue to get you through the deep. I try to avoid long full throttle runs though as the sled just seems to be working real hard. I really love the extros, ran my track with 2-3 inches of sage with no problem at all, coasting improved greatly.

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think I will follow Matts advise and go with 9 tooth extros. Heard good and bad things about Wahl, what other options are there?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts