Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
never been on the trails north of Owen Sound and was wondering if anyone knows what the trails are like up that way. Do the trails cross a million roads is their a ton of road running ect ect ect. I would also like to know of any nice hotels in Tobermory that cater to sledders eg safe place to put your sled, cameras and the such. I don't think we will have time till mid March to get out for our trip and the Parry Sound area should be full open by then so who knows where we will end up.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
around there is one of my favorite places to ride. We stay just south of there in wiarton lots of great trails and not busy.

but check before you go there is alot of farm land there and not sure about the trails this year.

You could leave right from your house and ride up there and back that would be a good weekend trip. THERE MUST BE LOTS OF SNOW AROUND YOUR AREA NOW.?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, what is the name of the place you stayed in? We have lots of snow now Shelburne has 2 feet, 25km north is Dundalk they have around 2 ½ - 3 feet and Owen sound has near 4 feet of snow from the pics I have seen on the news. It just keeps snowing and snowing up hear for the last week. Winter came late but it sure hit hard up hear.

Keep an eye on the OFSC web page I am sure the trails from Shelburne to Tobermory will be full open by the weekend, shelburne already is full open and as luck would have it I have way to much stuff to do this weekend to go out. :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
we always stayed at the sheenstone inn. not sure of the spelling.?

nice rooms you can park sled at door.and restraunt in front,

if i were you i would leave from shelbourne on sled ride up to wiarton spend the night and ride back home. this area is not near as busy as parrysound area. and some great trails. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we always stayed at the sheenstone inn. not sure of the spelling.?

nice rooms you can park sled at door.and restraunt in front,

if i were you i would leave from shelbourne on sled ride up to wiarton spend the night and ride back home. this area is not near as busy as parrysound area. and some great trails. :rolleyes:[/b]

I was thinking of riding from my house to Tobermory staying the night and riding back. Tobermory is around 240km from shelburne is a good clip but close enough you can take your time. I can make it to Owen Sound in around 1 hour if the trails are good and that’s almost ½ way

·
Registered
164 Posts
I was thinking of riding from my house to Tobermory staying the night and riding back. Tobermory is around 240km from shelburne is a good clip but close enough you can take your time. I can make it to Owen Sound in around 1 hour if the trails are good and that’s almost ½ way[/b]
You can travel 120 km in about an hour! What are the trails like? I picture many many stops in that part of Ontario due to side roads. Are there no stops between Shelburne and Owen Sound? I have been thinking about riding that area but am hesitant because of all the sideroads. I am used to riding in northern Ontario where you can ride for miles without seeing a stop sign. I have heard the trails in that area are good but I haven't heard from someone who has been to northern Ontario and Owen Sound/Tobermory so as to get an honest opinion.

·
Registered
441 Posts
We rode from Wasaga to the Super Burger near Shelburne last Sun. Took the B111 to the B109 and the B109 was, low on snow, mogeled and very snerty from all the weekend traffic.
Rode from the Beach to Meaford on Sat. and they had noticably more snow with white trails. We were hoping to get to Owen Sound but stopped to play in too many drifts along the way.

What trails would you ride to get to Owen Sound from Shelburne in an hr.?
We are going back up to Wasaga this weekend and are hoping to get farther north west of Meaford. Provided we don't stop and play in all the drifts again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts