Snowmobile World banner

Too Bee Or Not To Bee

3K views 29 replies 20 participants last post by  Droptop 
#1 ·
Ok guys im getting ready to strip my sled down and I need some opinions. Im getting all my red plastic clear coated here real soon, but im not sure if I should keep the bee or go with something differant for the next season. I have two reasons for clearcoating , 1 to help keep it cleaner from belt dust and exhaust stains , 2.. things just dont like to stick to textured plastic (graphics).
I got alot of complements on the bee design last yr but not sure if I want to go with a differant look this yr . I have thought of some changes and made some but I am on the fence with the bee .
Im going to have the ski-doo mxz lettering made at a graphics place but done in a dark charcoal color with no outline colors, maybe the mxz done in a differant shade.
If I keep the bee I will be revising it a bit but basiclly the same thing ether in black or the same color as the new doo lettering . I have thought mabye going naked and/or just have the lettering on the panels( factory location ) like the 02 zx's (big)and/or just add a little somthing down in the indent area in the lower corner.
My color scheme will stay the same for the most part other than Ill be elimanating some yellow and going more of a darker look over all with some yellow accents, ski springs ,idlers, vents in console .
The guy thats clearcoating the panels even said he can give it a fade look by adding a bit of tint in the clearcoat inbetween coats to give it some zing too, he even mention some prisim clear so it changed colors from differant angles in areas as it passes by.
I guess this is where it would be nice to have a set or two of extra panels to change things up from time to time.
All in all im little partial to the bee since it is a custom design I came up with and there's nothing close to the look which would keep it unique from all the others.
What should I doo ? I know the decission really wont be made till I get the panels back and see what the clearcoat look does to the sled but more or less just looking for opinions and ideas before its to late.

mutt

This is the look as of our last ride , since then she sports a new handlebar combo w/ risers and a modded mobile windshield
[attachment=37739:07_look.jpg]

See less See more
#3 ·
get rid of the bee! i never liked the bee on anything, i think it looks cheesy, no offense of course, just my opinion[/b]
Don't you be dissing the Bee :p

He will sting you!!!!!!!

Attachments

#6 ·
I like the new techno bee!!!

Attachments

#11 ·
Rick everybodys taste is different but to me I never liked BRP introducing the bee. There are things that I do/think about that others would not do but you know what... I walk into my garage daily and say "that is one Darn looking good sled". That is where you need to think about when it comes to Cosmetic mods.

I like your Bee and think it looks good. If I thought it looked butt ugly and thought everyone was laughing at it I would tell you, but via pm lol. Otherwise do what you like in the aesthetics.

#13 ·
if you like it Rick go with it you have to ride it... no one else...

Rick

#14 ·
Like has already been mentioned, your opinion is the only one that matters when it comes to the look of your sled.

But since you asked. :wink:

I would shorten that one feeler an inch or so, the one that almost touches the finger. The way they come so close together it kinda looks like an out-line rather than part of the bee. But maybe my eyes are just to old and tired. :dazed:

#16 ·
Your opinion of the sled is the most important.

But since you asked- I like bees, but agree with snow4brains; the feeler needs to be shortened. I like the style of the bee a lot (outline), but I think it takes a little too long to see it's a bee from a distance, especially on the trail.

Gravey davey posted a picture of the techno bee. Try making the "outline" of a few different bees (also the 08 super bee) in MS Paint, then you can photoshop them on your sled.

Good luck!

#19 ·

Attachments

#25 ·
Yeah. You could say that. But remeber to keep looking back. You know about wounded animals. DON'T YOU. :tongue: :lmao:[/b]
NOW Butch you know a bee flys faster than a cat can run !! :tongue:

Thanks guys for all the feedback , I know i have to live with my desission ..whatever it will be . I was just wondering what everyone else thought of it since it has to be re done this year . If I go with the bee it will be changed up a bit , I did noticed it had some spots to be fixed after they were on the panels. I have a few ideas that include the bee and some that dont but I think I need to wait till my panels are back from the painter and on the sled before I decide . Just the clearcoat alone is going to change things and I dont want to have graphics made and not use them .

The bee I liked the most was the ones Doo came out with in 99 with the WINTER RULES caption.
They protrayed a mean look and flew in a swarm. The techno bee to me should of stayed in the coloring book and the one before that looked to be a happy bee listening to country music(yes the one on our truck , but not for long :tongue: ),in fact I want to use the bee on my sled on the the tailgate , pointing at the words SUMMER SUX ! This is why I created the one on my sled it has attitude :hallo1:

MUTT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.