Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the sled with me to MN for thanksgiving to show off and hope for snow. They ended up with only a couple inches, but my folks have a fairly long driveway that had packed snow. So I put a couple miles on her just burning up and down the driveway.hehe
All I have to say is, HOLY MOTHER OF TORQUE!! I never took it over half throttle, but this sled is still amazing! I figured it would be somewhat of a turd until it was broke in considering double oil and everything being "tight", but even as it was it still pulled like crazy and had no bog/lag. Now we just need some snow so I can break her in and see what she can realy do! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
See, I told you the 900 was going to rock ya! Hope that you'll get to ride it more Trev.
Caleb

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey phazer good to see you got a chance to check it out, It's SWEET isn't it! I have 30 miles on mine and only 6 of them have been on snow! I have been doing alot of water skipping( its an addiction) do you have any mods done? not that it needs it. I have a speedwerx fat daddy pipe, clutch kit that rocks!, and gutted my air box( Thats a must)! Trails open sunday but not sure if there is going to be any where to ride fairly close to me, within 2 hours. Have fun on your 900 IT ROCKS!!

·
Registered
741 Posts
;) ;) Phazehater you--- Well lets not get into that. Mine is still apart on the lift. I put the reeds in last night and went to jet the carbs this afternoon and guess what? I can't find my 450 mains. I looked everywhere. I have everything from 170's to 500's but no 450's. I know I had them I put them in a "special" place where I knew they would be. --- Now if onlyI could remember the "special" place. If not I will get some Monday. I also have the SW pipe am ordering the clutch kit Monday. I tried to order it yesterday, but the must have closed for the holiday. Kevin

·
Registered
624 Posts
Could you believe PH? I feel the same way about my Ski-Doo 500 MXZ! :withstupid:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hey guys, how many picks do you guys suggest? I ride about 75 groomed trails and like to slide , but I want a decent traction and saftety on ice. Originally I thought 192, to get good traction with all that torque, but now I'm thinking 144. And how about a torque arm? Do you think they need it to keep the clutches straight and get good belt wear?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I'd buy the torque arm for sure! It makes gobs of torque, and they are cheap compared to one belt thewy could save, and then there is the better performance from properly aligned clutchs.
caleb

·
Registered
394 Posts
You think that is impressive try an F7. I was impressed with the 900 I have rode and my own mod 800 but the F7 unfortunatey for us is faster. Deffinately a lighter more squirley in the trails but I will wait until I set it up better. Don't think you will see the 800 or 900 next year seeing as the f7 is faster.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by ArTeeCat@Dec 2 2002, 11:02 AM
You think that is impressive try an F7. I was impressed with the 900 I have rode and my own mod 800 but the F7 unfortunatey for us is faster. Deffinately a lighter more squirley in the trails but I will wait until I set it up better. Don't think you will see the 800 or 900 next year seeing as the f7 is faster.
I will believe it once I see for myslef and after the sled is properly broken in. Too many people have been racing them the second they get them from the dealer. I think the results will be different once the sled gets a few miles on it. No doubt the 700 is fast, but after both the 700 and 900 have a couple hundred miles on I think it will be a little different.
We'll see.... ???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts